Dyeing concrete as black as possible
I want to dye some concrete black to match the lava as close as possible. I prefer a dye you mix in the concrete as it is being mixed. I looked into the Behr surface products, but I'm going to have to buy three different products. This will be for a pretty small batch of less than 300 pounds.
VH07V  
Stucco or grout dye.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Hmmmm, hadn't thought about stucco...
VH07V  
There are powdered colorants that you mix into wet concrete. I know I've seen black. Haven't used it but I've seen it.
Block and brick suppliers usually sell the concrete powdered colorant.
Basic colors of black, red, orange, gray, etc.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

2beast would probably know.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Buy an old clunker truck- in a few years, it will leak enough oil to coat it black.

I would think a thin stain/dye that would soak in well would work. I'd surely do a sacrificial spot or piece of concrete first.
I have used the black concrete dye (I think it was quikrete bracnd) with good success on a concrete countter top. It only colors the cement, not the aggregate. So, if you grind it, the aggregate pops out visually. In your case, you might blend your own concrete using portland cement and lava rock as the aggregate.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry