Value of sharpener for Powermatic 180 planer?
I have an old Powermatic 180 planer (out of school shop) that I'm rehabbing for sale.

There's a sharpener for a Powermatic 100 listed on CL for $150.

Would the sharpener fit the 180?  If so would it add any value to the planer? 
Confused
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
do you mean 160?  16" planer?  if so there are a few parts to one
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Note edit -- it's a 180
Rolleyes

Don't need any parts, just elbow grease.
Sigh

and time
Sad

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
that works on both the 16 and 18 inch.  I have 2 of them there is a block that slides in no idea what it is called and then a motor that has a wheel
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Phil Thien

The grinding bar that mounts to the PM 100 doesn't fit other models, but the motor/bracket assembly is interchangeable across different size grinding bars.  They all have the same size dovetail ways to hold the motor mount bracket.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
Sorry I didn't see the PM 100 I need to read things twice the one that comes on the 16 is the same as the one on the 18

Phil Thien

You're talking about the bar, right?  The grinders are all the same.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
yes the bar.  the 16 and 18 use the same model

Phil Thien

So the 100 sharpener won't fit my 180?

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)