Finding replacement hand shower mounting bracket
The shower in our master bathroom was likely remodeled in the last 10-15 years prior to us buying the house. It has a somewhat unique system three separate handles controlling two spray heads (mounted and hand held sprayer). The hand held sprayer lives on a vertical bar which my son ripped off the wall exposing a severely rusted out lower bracket. My assumption after hours of searching is that the fixed shower head and temperature selector are a delta unit (The bezel says Delta Monitor) and the hand shower was added on at some point. I have not found any brand names or identifiers on any of the hand shower parts. Also looking on the delta website, I can't find any similar models. Does anyone know how to identify the manufacturer and/or find a replacement mounting bracket? I will definitely fill the replacement with plumbers putty and caulk around it to prevent the same problem.

[Image: IMG_7941.jpg]

The good mounting bracket that i need a replacement of
[Image: IMG_7947.jpg]

The back of the shower bar holder that hooks onto the bracket
[Image: IMG_7952.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7953.jpg]
I would take the good bracket/trim to a plumbing supply house...they should either be able to match it up or provide a suitable/comparable replacement
Fishing pole mounting brackets should work.

The rubber ones would be my choice.  Lots of variations.  I'm sure you'll find one that works:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch...s%20rubber

About $10.00 per pair on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Organized-Fishing...B003BYIJLO
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
That style of hidden bracket is commonly used in all types of light duty bathroom fixtures like towel holders, toilet paper holders etc.

I'd look at those fixtures and see if you have one that would work.  Then you can see if a big box etc has a suitable replacement.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
(12-02-2016, 12:18 PM)MKepke Wrote: That style of hidden bracket is commonly used in all types of light duty bathroom fixtures like towel holders, toilet paper holders etc.

I'd look at those fixtures and see if you have one that would work.  Then you can see if a big box etc has a suitable replacement.

-Mark

Agreed. I'd head down to the local thrift store and find a similar fixture to cannibalize.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Epoxy a rare earth magnet to the wall and to the shower head.  You can find these at Michael's hobby stores.  Way strong enough for the job.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I replaced one of those in a guest bathroom.  Amazon had a multitude.  I think ours was a Ghroe but here is a similar one from Ace !

Link:  http://www.acehardware.com/family/index....Id=2631496