1/16" wide slots
I'm making a loom for the boss. The heddle needs a series of slots 1/16" wide, 5" long and 1/8" apart. There's about 40 of them. Right now I'm thinking of using a DeWalt battery saw. The blade's a bit thick but maybe can be ground thinner. Any other suggestions? I have the normal collection of tools.
how are you going to deal with the circular cuts at the ends?

If I were doing it it would be on the bandsaw followed with a glued on piece after the cuts were made 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I dont/wont discounts JGrouts advise, not sure what you need to do, but what about a Router Bit 1/16 straight cut bit?
Full kerf CS blade is an 1\8th " a thin Kerf is right about 3\32nds. I would go with the route if acralble to the situation.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Should have said, it's in 1/8" ply so I don't think the curved cuts will be a problem.
Router might work. I have to look around for bits.
just remember that as the warp moves in the slots sharp edges will work on the yarn. At the very least you likely will have to run sandpaper in the slots to ease the edges 

You can buy 1/16" saw blades at the big box 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I made this small heddle for my daughter -

[Image: 2015-01-16%2016.55.26.jpg]

It's hard to make out what is going on, but there is a slot cut in the top and bottom pieces that hold the individual vertical pieces.  The vertical pieces are spaced with some thin strips of wood.  I think I got the thin stock from some berry baskets.  Fitted the thicker end pieces and pinned them in place with round toothpicks glued into drilled holes.  The frame is maple and the vertical bars are cherry.  So instead of trying to cut very narrow evenly space slots, I glued up dimensioned pieces that I could sand smooth before they were assembled.  Seemed easier to me.
(12-03-2016, 10:54 PM)Phil S. Wrote: I made this small heddle for my daughter -

[Image: 2015-01-16%2016.55.26.jpg]

.....  Seemed easier to me.

And looks quite nice as well.  
Yes
(12-03-2016, 10:54 PM)Phil S. Wrote: It's hard to make out what is going on, but there is a slot cut in the top and bottom pieces that hold the individual vertical pieces.  The vertical pieces are spaced with some thin strips of wood.  I think I got the thin stock from some berry baskets.  Fitted the thicker end pieces and pinned them in place with round toothpicks glued into drilled holes.  The frame is maple and the vertical bars are cherry.  So instead of trying to cut very narrow evenly space slots, I glued up dimensioned pieces that I could sand smooth before they were assembled.  Seemed easier to me.

This is the way I would go.  Strips of wood with the proper dimension for the bars separated by thin spacers to provide the appropriate clearance.

Provides another benefit that all sanding and smoothing can be done before glue up/assembly so as not to provide something that can catch fibers like a cut slot might.
That must be where they got the idea for the Model T radiator.  
Big Grin

I'd go with the separate sanded pieces instead of cutting.

I also have one of those baby table saws with a 3" small diamond blade that will cut very smooth channels I use for balsa wood projects.
Assuming that you are building a rigid heddle loom, you might also look to purchase the rigid heddle and build the rest of the loom around it. If you are building a floor loom, purchasing the reed would make life easier as well. Different patterns will have different spacings as in the number of slots per inch. Being able to swap them in and out would be convenient. The slots and holes need to be smooth or the yarns will be likely to catch and make for a frustrating experience.