Stanley 140 type study
Does anyone know of a Stanley No. 140 type study?  I've looked in John Walter's book and google but have come up empty.  
thanks
Pat
Did you see this:

Stanley 140

Another Stanley 140
Thanks David, yes, I saw both of those.  The second one didn't really provide and info on the types and the first seemed a bit incomplete.  I know there is a type 1 and 2 but I think there is a 3 & 4 as well.  The frog can have patent dates as can the side plate and I think these span different types.  Also, I know these can be had with Sweetheart logos and I don't see a reference to that.  I suppose everything can just be "derivation" of a type 2.
thanks again
Pat
I checked Sellens and Blanchard and they have the same information. I think you are right on track. Collectors insist on "pure" examples and frown on replaced parts. Without a type study, it is pretty hard to determine which planes have replacement parts. I have a box of #140 parts and sometimes frankenplane together a user. No deception intended, but once it is turned loose in the wild who knows how it will be marketed.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com