Bulk Lumber Purchase MD/DC/DE/PA area
Hi all. I would normally post this in the S&S but since some members probably do not visit that forum I figured it would get the most exposure here. In the spirit of the holidays I’m going to try to put together a bulk lumber buy for the members here who are close enough to me to take advantage of it. Unfortunately I can’t ship. It just takes way too much time for me to prep and ship lumber packs so it isn’t possible.  Prices should average between 50-70% of retail. The profit margin on things like red oak and poplar just aren’t that high so the savings will not be as substantial on those. Here is a quick list of the material I have put together for the buy. I can add additional species as long as there is enough demand for it. I cannot have the mill pull me 20BF of something if that is all I need in other words. I’m going to put a rough price next to each material. This number should be fairly close but could go up or down a little based on the quantity I buy and the current market price and inventory. All the prices listed are for kiln dried FAS/SEL random width unless otherwise specified. I’m working on getting some 20” plus and thick mahogany but prices on that will be posted later once I get a better idea about what the cost will be. There will be no minimum or maximum on orders. The pick-up location will be Bel Air MD. Just seed me a pm or email.

One more quick addition. For those who need the material surfaced as long as the amount isn’t outrageous I have two enterprising boys that will mill your lumber for $ 0.15- 0.20 a Bf. They use my planer which is a helical head.

4/4 cherry                           $3.50                     I can get 8/4 and just figure $0.75-1.00 more a BF
4/4 10”+ cherry                 $4.25
4/4 red oak                         $2.25                     some 16-20” wide should be available
4/4 walnut                          $6.00                     this walnut is 12-20” wide but stock is limited
5/4 ambrosia maple        $3.50                     all this is 12”-24" wide
4/4 Ash                                 $3.00                     all 12” +
4/4 hickory                          $3.00                     all 12”+
4/4 Sapele                           $3.50
4/4 African mahogany    $4.25                     wide and thick material available
4/4 Genuine mahogany $5.50                     working on getting some thick and 20”+ boards $ to come
Man! I wish I lived near you. I need some nice cherry.
Where is the pick up location?
Belair, MD

About half hour north of Baltimore.
Dave 
 Any idea of when you'll be getting this stock in ?
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
I'm definitely interested in this. Do you need a specific order ahead of time?
Jerry,  I will plan on picking the material up early next month

FS7   Yes, I need an exact order. I have to buy all the material and will only be getting what has been ordered. The only material on the list that I use personally is the mahogany and walnut so the other material is of no use to me.
You will put WoodCraft, Rockler, and all the like out of the wood selling biz if you keep that up Dave. For wide wood, those a very nice prices. You guys local, will NOT see this type of wood for these prices elsewhere. Stock up, tell Mama all you want for Christmas is WOOD
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve, I don't think you can really call this selling wood since I'm not really marking anything up. I added enough to cover sales tax and that is about it. The prices are basically wholesale cost. It looks like not enough people are interested to make this go. I will keep this up for a few more days but at this point I do not have enough interest to support a wholesale buy except for the genuine mahogany which is what I am buying. Since I'm buying over 500 BF by myself I may end up just getting the mahogany.
(12-08-2016, 06:16 AM)Dave Diaman Wrote: Steve, I don't think you can really call this selling wood since I'm not really marking anything up. I added enough to cover sales tax and that is about it. The prices are basically wholesale cost. It looks like not enough people are interested to make this go. I will keep this up for a few more days but at this point I do not have enough interest to support a wholesale buy except for the genuine mahogany which is what I am buying. Since I'm buying over 500 BF by myself I may end up just getting the mahogany.

I just got into rough lumber, and I'm only three projects in. I hope we can make this work...how close are you to making it practicable? If it makes sense to buy more for those interested, that would be an option too. I don't know what the situation is.