Leigh RTJ400 jig
Hi all,
  I think it's about time to upgrade my old Woodhaven dovetail jig to something better and more versatile.
The RTJ caught my eye.
I prefer routing on the router table whenever possible, so it seems like a good fit for me.
I've watched the videos on it and read some reviews. I know it's limited to 16" and fixed spacing. I don't see that as a problem. It fits within my normal work envelope.
I know it's kind of pricey, but it seems like a buy it once and never need to replace it kind of tool.

I have a couple of questions I hope maybe you can answer for me.
It says you need a router plate with the spacer for the guide bushing, but will it work with a router lift? I have the Woodpecker PRL with the correct spacer.
Are there any downsides to this I'm not seeing?
Has anyone had a bad experience with one of these? you know, one of those " this isn't as good as I thought it was going to be" moments.
 Is there something else maybe I should be looking at?

thanks for your time and input
                                                               Jim
-- jbmaine
Me two. Thanks
The Leigh RTJ400 jig has been a very good purchase. It works very well with my JessEm router lift. Dust collection, if you have a good dust collection system, is a huge improvement over my Rockler jig. The accessory kit of router bits is needed for use with stock that is not 3/4". It is expensive, but the quality of the tool and consistency of the setup is worth the cost.
Thanks,
 I think I'll put it on my need to get list.
  Do these things ever go on sale?

Jim
-- jbmaine
I believe Woodpeck had a sale where the accessory kit and jig combination was $20 cheaper then list. I found a private seller on Amazon that sold me the accessory kit for $50 less then list. Everywhere I looked they were selling for full list, so they are doing a really good job in controlling the price.
I have one and like it - setup is easy and repeatable.
Computer geek and amateur woodworker.
Keller dovetail jig can also be used on a router table.

While I have not examined the Leigh or seen it utilized to cut dovetails, I  have two Keller jigs (the 1601 and 2401). Very simple to set up and use.  Recommend the "How-to-do-it video" available.

Bearing guided router bit. No collars, guides, etc., needed the router or router plate/table needed.

Keller also offers more economical jigs: Journeyman series -- 15", US$159.00; 22" US$239.00 See: http://www.kellerdovetail.com/models.html

www.kellerdovetail.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GEYM7HNcPw