Shocking Shower Head
While on a mission trip to Guatemala, I was visiting our District Office in Cobain I saw this shower head in one of their bathrooms.  Yes, that's a 30 amp electrical line going into the head just above the water inlet.

Note the switch box on the wall.  The directions are to turn the water on first, then flip the switch on to energize the shower head heating coils.  Apparently, this is a common type of installation in Latin America.

Think I'd rather take a cold shower.
[Image: DSC03063.jpg]
Same thing in Brazil. And it was 240 volts. Scary stuff.........
Nice way to fry yourself.
Big Grin
as long as the floor isn't grounded....
Seen one of those before. I think it was in Costa Rica or maybe Mexico.
I wonder if they are legal or code here? I'd sure want the life insurance paid up. "Hey honey- you shower first"!
I am sure thats on a GFCI circuit. 
Raised

Wow, just wow. 
Laugh
Laugh
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
Common in Honduras as well.

I have used one and lived to tell the tale.
What is the problem? Looks like they used plenty of electrical tape.

BTW, I've seen similar pics posted on WN before.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

I was in a night club once in the early 1980s and it was raining out and two of the light fixtures were leaking water into the club.  They were mounted too high for anyone to touch so it was probably safe enough, but crappy work in any event.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
When I was in El Salvador the over current device [fuse] was a piece of solder between two screws. Different diameter solder for different amperages. Too much current and the solder would melt.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.