Shocking Shower Head
(12-07-2016, 11:56 AM)Foggy Wrote: When I was in El Salvador the over current device [fuse] was a piece of solder between two screws. Different diameter solder for different amperages. Too much current and the solder would melt.

Coated with water, I guess the human body would have less resistance and the solder would melt a little quicker.  If you can just hang on for a few more minutes.
Laugh
(12-07-2016, 11:56 AM)Foggy Wrote: When I was in El Salvador the over current device [fuse] was a piece of solder between two screws. Different diameter solder for different amperages. Too much current and the solder would melt.

Probably better than screwing a penny in under the fuse.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
That thing is no different than an electric hot water heater.

Okay, all joking aside, what kind of temperature rise can one expect from something like that?
(12-07-2016, 03:42 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: That thing is no different than an electric hot water heater.

Okay, all joking aside, what kind of temperature rise can one expect from something like that?

Phil, not sure how effective these things are.  Just know that they operate on either 30 or 50 amps.  That's a lot of power.  Given that the water flow in some of these areas is low, the water could come out pretty hot.
They are common in south America in homes and if used right aren't as dangerous as you would think but don't get the method of use wrong. Still scary though...  

Here is a video from bigclive doing a teardown of one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNjA0aee07k