removing glue from wood
(12-07-2016, 02:45 PM)Phil S. Wrote: I'm with Joe.  I find a toothbrush works great for capturing squeeze out without smearing glue over more surface than you start with.  One wipe over a short distance puts most of the glue in the toothbrush bristles.  A quick rinse in warm water and you're ready for another swipe.  Once most of the glue is picked up with the brush a bit of a scrub where needed will get the rest of it.  A final wipe with a rag or paper towel finishes it up.  Takes longer to describe than to do it.
Years ago I forgot to use a toothbrush to get rid of excess glue that squeezes out. I use one today. These brushes are almost free. Use the one that wifey wants you to throw away. That includes hers.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
My bad, I took the question to be about what to do when the glue was already present. As with any mistake if you can prevent it from happening, that would be the way to go.
Smirk
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Vinegar helps soften it if not totally dry.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

I've found softening makes clean up gooey, and much longer. Frozen and using a sharp scraper, it just pops off, at least that has been my experience. Even on open grainy woods like Oak. Try it on a piece of scrap, or better yet inside a corner joint on a test piece.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(12-10-2016, 12:57 AM)Steve N Wrote: I've found softening makes clean up gooey, and much longer. Frozen and using a sharp scraper, it just pops off, at least that has been my experience. Even on open grainy woods like Oak. Try it on a piece of scrap, or better yet inside a corner joint on a test piece.

I agree, thevinegar work for getting it out of the grain if in fact it is in it.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk