This is two projects I have done this week
Great work. I like those vases.
(12-22-2016, 07:03 AM)ElenaMarquez Wrote: Great work. I like those vases.

Elena

Thank you for the comment and I really hope you stay around and share what you are doing or going to do.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The handles look nice and comfortable.

The vases each have their own unique look and they look great together!
The weedpots are from the same hunk of 12" log my dad sent.

Thank you for the nice comments and I hope to see your stuff someday and see you more here to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Handles and vase, most
Cool !
Ag
What I hate about birch is the way its bark unwraps sometimes, taking the skin off your knuckles. Yellow seems worse than white, though.

Weed pots is what people called them back when, to distinguish them from vases which would allow for live flowers in water. The fun stuff was turned on multiple centers with three or four "necks".
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(12-26-2016, 07:38 AM)MichaelMouse Wrote: What I hate about birch is the way its bark unwraps sometimes, taking the skin off your knuckles. Yellow seems worse than white, though.

Weed pots is what people called them back when, to distinguish them from vases which would allow for live flowers in water. The fun stuff was turned on multiple centers with three or four "necks".

MM

What I do is put tape on backwards or glue side out on the bark and then put the sticky side down and make it tighter so it will not come off.  I have done that with Ceder and a few other woods that I want the bark to stay on and not fly off.

(12-26-2016, 03:26 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: MM

What I do is put tape on backwards or glue side out on the bark and then put the sticky side down and make it tighter so it will not come off.  I have done that with Ceder and a few other woods that I want the bark to stay on and not fly off.
Worth a shot, thanks.  I have tried similar and used the stretch wrap they have at Menards on a couple of candle bases.  No idea how to do a bark up bowl other than cut CAREFULLY.

[Image: IMG_1459.jpg]

Suggestions?
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
I did not care for stretch wrap either some how it just did not keep it were I wanted the bark to stay or not to stay.

On the bowl like you said cut carefully and with a sharp tool and having the tree cut down in the winter but you already know that.

I do like your fruit and nut bowl there, has lots of color

(12-07-2016, 10:28 PM)DFJarvie Wrote: I like those vases Arlin. I may have to give those a try at some point.

+1, nice work Arlin.