Custom Stanley chisel handles - Padauk and Cocobolo
A client commissioned custom handles for vintage Stanley chisels. Two sets of 720's and two sets of 750's. Padauk with Cocobolo striking pads. Took me awhile and had some production help from Jim Faherty. All shined up and ready for delivery. Destined to be Christmas presents for some lucky guys.

These aren't in the shape of the original handles, this is the shape he requested, except I added the bead near the socket to ease the transition a bit. He also wanted the handles to all be the same size for consistency in grip. The original handles were scaled in size.

Anyway, the client is happy.

PICS:

[Image: 20161207_163844_zpsmrsfqklr.jpg]

[Image: 20161207_165457_zps61lfvbnx.jpg]

[Image: 20161207_165520_zpsk3rxb490.jpg]
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Great work for a lucky owner.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Nice work.

What is that mallet head wood?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Those are some sweet looking Stanleys. Oh, and the handles aren't half bad either.
Big Grin
Big Grin
Nice work.
BontzSawWorks.net
Those are nice!
Fantastic job!
Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Great work!  I'm wondering if he just wants to display them or use them?  The padauk will turn darker brown over time when exposed to UV and then the contrast between the padauk and the cocobolo will be less noticeable.  But, it's what the customer wanted, so what can you say?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

There are actually 4 sets there. The buyer is giving them to his male relatives for Christmas. He doesn't actually think any of them will ever get used.

I'm not 100% sure what the mallet heat is. I initially thought it was quilted maple, just really well aged. I do know that it is 97 years old because the gentleman I got it from made it with his father when he was a kid.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Nice work!
Hey Greg, those are really, really nice. How did you do the end grain glue up? I think I might have to dust off my monsta Ryobi ML618 and start playing
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$