Plastic molding to mdf
Whats a good glue or adhesive to attach plastic edge banding to MDF? I need to re attach a length of about 6" or so that came loosevduring the part being dropped.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Mike the MDF is just wood fibers/paper mush formed into a panel. It's edges are fairly open, and also thirsty. Several coats of Shellac, or sanding sealer can fill the edges, but I tend to default to a thinned glue, you can use TB, TBII, or any light PVA glue. I steer clear of of TBIII though. The amounts can be 60 glue 40 water, to 80/20. Allow it to mix well, and paint it on the edges. It will suck in, and seal the thirsty edge, so when you glue on the edgebanding the glue will be available to hold, rather than absorb. Same works well on open end grains, and plywood edges as well.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
3M 90 spray adhesive.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Photo 
I do extensive work using MDF and edge banding (PVC). Apply two coats of contact cement on the MDF edge (let dry between coats) and apply one to the edge banding, then join and trim. Avoid using spray adhesive, use regular canned contact cement. I always thin the contact cement in a separate container with the appropriate thinner, makes the application process using a disposable brush a lot easier. With contact cement it will even glue ABS edge banding, which is stiff and thick!
It's very time consuming if you have to edge band doors, drawers and the cabinet carcasses. Before I built my last kitchen, I broke down and bought a professional hot melt glue edge bander, what use to take me three days I can now do it in 3 hours.

Ed

[Image: IMG_20161211_182709228.jpg]
Used DAP contact cement. Worked perfect. Thankyou everyone.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Weldwood, I believe it is the same glue BloomingtonMike refers to.   It's used to glue Formica to its substrate.  Apply to both sides, and allow to skim over to a haze before sticking the parts together.  Use in a well ventilated area and don't smoke around it, it is very flammable.
Eric