Help..can I salvage this fence?
(12-13-2016, 07:12 PM)handi Wrote: Had they been clamped together on a truly flat surface, provided there could be no 'glue creep', they would remain flat.

Ralph, in the video I posted, the one the OP referred to, William goes into a very elaborate stacked gluing base and uses an army of clamps for the glue up. If the OP actually followed that, and got the warp he did, it was a freak of nature. I quit using the 1/2" because without an elaborate glue up like that I got crappy fences. It was more work than I wanted to do for a simple fence, and solid hard wood worked better long term, and took a portion of the time.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(12-15-2016, 07:06 PM)Steve N Wrote: Ralph, in the video I posted, the one the OP referred to, William goes into a very elaborate stacked gluing base and uses an army of clamps for the glue up. If the OP actually followed that, and got the warp he did, it was a freak of nature. I quit using the 1/2" because without an elaborate glue up like that I got crappy fences. It was more work than I wanted to do for a simple fence, and solid hard wood worked better long term, and took a portion of the time.

Whatever works for you! In woodworking there is never only one way.
I glued up 1" router table fences out of 1/2" ply, two regular and two tall. Five years later, they are still perfectly flat.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.