Smoke alarm replacement
I have 7 interwired smoke alarms that need to be replaced. Anyone have specific recomendations, or are they all pretty much equivalent?
BRK smoke alarms are the same quality hard-wired smoke alarms with battery back up sold as First Alert Hard-wired in the plastic bubble packs but are packed in cardboard boxes for way less money.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
If you don't already have CO detectors, this is the time to add some. (You can go with Combo Smoke/CO units.)
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
I asked a month or so ago and there was not much of a consensus opinion.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I went with first alert, but I needed wireless interconnect which they offer.  Just make sure they are UL listed and the type of detector they use is also important.  Some fires produce very little smoke and can burn for awhile without the alarm sounding.  You'll have to do google research on that.
I never found all the features in one item. I wanted wired interconnect, 10 year battery, and dual sensor. Can't find it.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I did this a couple of years ago, and that's what I found too.  I really wanted the 10 year battery, so I went with those and only have a carbon monoxide detector for one floor.  Now that they want a detector in every room, I should get that set up.