Shed Plans
I'm looking to build a shed next Spring to dry and store the wood that's clogging up my shop.  I'll have more room than I'll know what to do with if I stop filling it up with wood.  When I look on-line for free plans I keep coming up with a couple of guys who are trying to sell you their plans.  Every search seems to get redirected to those two guys, and it just plain annoys me.  I can certainly design a shed, but I'd rather not; I'd rather find some plans for what I need, or close to what I need with only a little modification needed. 

Anyone have a good source for free storage shed plans?  I'm thinking something in the 12' x 24' will meet my needs.  Thanks.

John
What is there to design??  4 walls and a roof. Decide if you want a window and what kind of door or doors you want. Do a google search and use the image feature and you will get a ton of photos. Depending how large you are allowed to make them just be aware of code restrictions if you live in a community. If you live on a huge property then sky is the limit. If it is just for wood storage then 3 walls probably will do. Now is a good time to check out the Mangers being displayed for the season.
John T.
yeah, I'm just winging it for my shed.  The only thing is that our sheds can only be 10' tall, so a roof design would be nice..  Turns out that's taller than I thought
Smile  I'm a little stalled right now because I'm using reclaimed lumber from the basement, and I haven't ripped all the walls out down there yet.  Getting close to having enough for the roof.  I'm sure, given this is Central PA, that the weather will cooperate when I'm ready 
No

There are a lot of youtube vids to help on the details.
I'm guessing that the esthetics are of some concern. Look at the borg's book rack the next time you're in there, they usually have several books that have multiple plans...one might be of use for what you want.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
A few years ago, I found the plans I used at the library
Ed
Often, a larger lumberyard will have plans and packages cheaper than piecemeal or will put one together for you. Worth checking out.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

I ran into the same situation as you trying to find plans for a shed. Either they were too basic, not the layout I wanted or too elaborate for what I wanted so I ended up just winging it. I started out with the base then figured out the lumber I needed from there. It took a few trips to the lumber yard but it ended up being what I saw in my head for a shed. I also went the extra step to make it where I could move it once I get my detached garage built and incorporate it into the garage as an out building for storage.
Are you looking to build a shed on skids, or a permanent one?

I have plans for a permanent shed which I built with rough sawn lumber and pressure treated posts.
(12-18-2016, 06:58 PM)jamesglenn Wrote: Are you looking to build a shed on skids, or a permanent one?

I have plans for a permanent shed which I built with rough sawn lumber and pressure treated posts.

The answer to that question depends upon what the local codes are.  I'm going to talk with town officials this week.   I'd prefer to put it on permanent piers.

John
(12-18-2016, 05:25 PM)blackhat Wrote: Often, a larger lumberyard will have plans and packages cheaper than piecemeal or will put one together for you. Worth checking out.

Thanks.  I'm aware of that, and may go that route if I can find a set of plans I like. 

John