Bacon Bed
Thanks for all the kind and humorous comments. It was a fun and challenging project.
AgGEM, The curved top is laminated with 3 resawn pieces, glued with plastic resin glue, and bent over a shop made form. The vertical sides have two tenons that pass through mortises in the curved top. The exposed tenons stand proud of the top about 1/8". The "bacon strips" are fully mortised top and bottom but only about 3-4" in the center is glued. Maybe shouldn't have glued them at all. Time will tell.
Quite ingenious as well as gorgeous! Well done sir!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Beautiful Job! Love the design.
Beautiful!

what did you use for a finish?
Minwax Espresso stain and multiple coats of wipe-on poly. Wet sanded between coats w/600 grit. Final coat wet sanded w/2000 grit and waxed.
I always think more Ceder should be used and I love the knots a lot to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I see your son drinks wine.
Winkgrin
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Big Grin 
The wine was just to add a touch of class to the photo. (you believe that - right?) [Image: biggrin.png]
Wy,
Ty!
Ag.