-Marc

Amazon
$$$$$$ CASH $$$$$$

Is King. I think they still have those envelopes at the banks for free
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Husky xact mats for truck.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

If it can be converted to cash in some way I would donate it to the Disabled American Veterans.
How to books of some sort, or videos of same. Can't work in the shop for a few more months, but reading about woodworking projects or techniques I can look forward to really helps pass the time while I heal. If I keep bugging the wife... I won't live to see spring!
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
What's the question? OP, please reread your post and clarify.
Sorry, I was just curious what you would do if given a $100. To me it's a tough call. It's enough money that I feel compelled not to just spend it on consumables (glue, sandpaper etc.) yet it's not really enough to buy much with.

Sorry for the confusion.
-Marc

Is this just for fun, or are you researching for yourself?

If looking to convert a $100 card/cash into a memorable tool gift, I'd try to choose a nice tool that would get used and remembered when it was:
  - chisel (paring, fishtail, etc.)
  - layout item (starrett double square or divider, woodpeckers something-or-other)
  - LV or LN apron plane (or other block plane)

Key lumber for a small project is another idea.

Matthew
I would buy something of high quality that might be handed down to a generation or two.  Maybe from the Lee Valley catalog.