Toilet Fill Problem
This is the fill valve for one of my toilets.  The float adjustment screw is on the top.  The problem is if the float is adjusted low enough so that the it turns the water off, there's not enough water in the tank to do a good job of flushing the toilet.  If I set the float higher, the toilet flushes but the water doesn't turn off all the way.  I've not seen a valve like this before.  Is there some other adjustment or lubrication that can be made, or do I need to replace the valve?  Can  I replace it with a different kind of valve?  Of course this waited until after the builder's warranty on the house expired to stop working.

Is your float waterlogged?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Replace with one of these(or a variant). Fluid master 400. Runs about $10. About as trouble free a flush valve as there is in this galaxy.
[Image: FLU400C.jpg]
Mine usually build up minerals in that diaphragm under the screw.   Replace it with a Fluid Master for about $10.00 . The flapper and that pipe can stay where they are.  The Fluid Master will not need the brass bar or the ball !

20 minutes or less and you'll be done for many years.
Dang, Jets types way faster the me.
(12-27-2016, 06:28 PM)Woodjets Wrote: Replace with one of these(or a variant). Fluid master 400. Runs about $10. About as trouble free a flush valve as there is in this galaxy.
[Image: FLU400C.jpg]

+1
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

thanks. just ordered the 400A. 8.49 from Amazon prime.
On the tank mold and can see it in your pic, there is a water level line, that is what to set the fill to.
Agree on the replacement, if a bad flapper valve change that too. Yours looks like one of the adjustable ones, that could be the problem.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Those never worked well. I like the Korky.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Korky-QuietFi.../202183802
change the flapper valve anyway.  Looks aged