Canadian skinner
with amboyna burl handle. Finished with several coats of satin waterbourne poly. This is the first project I've completed living in exile in Savannah.

I rough shaped it the week before leaving home and brought some klingspor sanding rolls with me to make the final contouring.

[Image: 600x600.jpg]
[/url]
[url=https://a2-images.myspacecdn.com/images04/9/fc64391e21454ae49a797a05c4f4657d/600x600.jpg][Image: 600x600.jpg]
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Very nice! The handle looks very comfortable and the sapwood really makes a nice contrast with the rest of the handle.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
That's beautiful.  
Yes
It's beautiful, I like the finger grips,four or five more and you are ready for a moose. Are there moose around there? After this fall, I would say there are  none in BC.
A man of foolish pursuits
Washington has moose. they range from northeastern WA over to NW Montana. There's not a big number of them, but it's not hard to find them if you know where to look.

On my last paddle trip in BC we saw eight moose, including one with around 48" spread.

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Any Moose should be proud to be skinned by such a nice knife.
(12-30-2016, 07:04 PM)SteveS Wrote: This is the first project I've completed living in exile in Savannah.

Sorry to hear you got kicked out of wherever you were before, and I hope you don't need the knife in Savannah
Big Grin

But it looks like a nice skinner, where did you source the blade?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks, Steve. Lately I've been buying my blades from Texas Knife

I have purchased from knifekits.com in the past, but TK has more of what I was looking for. both places are good businesses.

The knife scales I get from my own stock. I still have about 40 lb of thuya burl, 60 lb of amboyna burl, 100 lb of african blackwood burl/pommele, etc, etc.

Boeing has stated it's profit margins are not high enough so they started laying off engineers last year and will continue through this year. There a few other people I used to work with that ended up here as well.
Looks great.

As it turns out, I need one.  I know some Canadians, but had not thought to take that particular approach.  Makes sense, though.  
Yes