An excellent rust preventative
Murray's hair styling products are created largely (but not exclusively) for African Americans so your best bet is to look for their products in stores with a large African American clientele.
(01-03-2017, 07:10 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I'd say that'd be a tough chore.
Laugh

(01-04-2017, 07:59 AM)Dave Ring Wrote: Murray's hair styling products are created largely (but not exclusively) for African Americans so your best bet is to look for their products in stores with a large African American clientele.
Walmart, Walgreens, Target, Dollar General, CVS and Family Dollar all stock it..apparently AA's use it in some way for dreadlocks...
Confused
Confused
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jack,

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if I will get a chance to try it while I am down here in FL visiting the kids, but I will definitely try it when I get back to Hampton.

Is there any issue with it messing up finish if I don't clean it off of a TS or BS table before using it?

Ivan
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(01-04-2017, 03:05 PM)iclark Wrote: Jack,

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if I will get a chance to try it while I am down here in FL visiting the kids, but I will definitely try it when I get back to Hampton.

Is there any issue with it messing up finish if I don't clean it off of a TS or BS table before using it?

Ivan
Ivan, I believe the part of it that makes it spread is the petrolatum, so I spread it as thin as possible...but I think I would take a clean rag and wipe the surfaces down pretty well, just to be sure...When I treat mine, you can just barely tell that anything is on the surface, so there isn't very much wipe off...on cast iron, it stays in the pores below the surface, but water will still bead up on it...The wax by itself is not 100% waterproof, but the petrolatum is...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jack,

Thanks. That sounds like exactly what I need for the Woodfast lathe that I am refurbing.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(01-02-2017, 03:13 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: Let me say up front that I hate rust, and many of you know that...I have tested this for two years on bare steel or cast iron with absolutely no indication of any rust forming...You can make your own or buy it at most any pharmacy..It is actually a "conditioner" for hair. I don't know how well it works for that purpose but can testify that it will protect your steel tools from rust in Florida's humid subtropical climate...and like another hairdressing product of old.."A little dab'll do ya"......
Yes  
Laugh

Give it a try....it's cheap....but best of all...it works. And it's made from Pure Australian Beeswax!

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/murray...07-product

If used on plane soles does Murray's Beeswax effect finishing the wood?
P.S. It is available from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Murrays-Beeswax-3...x+For+Hair