Seeking solice in the shop
If you visit the basement here you may know that I lost a dear old friend Cathy, in a tragic way. Cathy was part of a very close group of 5 girls I knew since the early 70s. Looking for a way to do a memorial to her I decided to include the 2 other girls that passed before here. I came up with the idea of pure white (bleached holly) ornaments. I'm making 2 sets of three, one set each for the remaining 2 girls.

[Image: EQsdS4ZjeyxPLRRR7ueW-9WNI1gpHRslx88_nE7R...90-h788-no]
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Very nice gesture Arlin, I'm sure they'll love them.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
(01-02-2017, 09:18 PM)sniper Wrote: Arlin, 

?????
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

I understand where you are coming from, Anthony. Something to bond the remaining friends and a token for your departed friend's memory. 

As far as finding solace, yeah. Busy hands are a salve for the spirit and hurting heart. It tends to calm the stress, too.

Hang in there. Great gesture you've made there.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Very fitting.  I'm sure the others will deeply appreciate this.
Lost a friend and turning mentor two weeks short of Christmas years back.  People looked at the ornament I hung on the card tree so long that the viewing backed up.  His wife treasured the turning until she too passed.

He did all his turning with Oland Tools, but didn't complain when I chose to shave rather than scrape.  For those who think they may not have seen one,
http://www.aroundthewoods.com/oland.shtml  The tool came into use around the transition time between forged and milled cylindrical gouges.  As you can see, it looks a lot like the genre of insert tooling types.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Very thoughtful of you Anthony,shows what kind of man you are.I am sure the remaining two girls will be very touched by your gesture.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I like the idea.

Are you going to do something different to each one to represent each person?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-03-2017, 12:48 AM)Gregory of Sherwood Forest Wrote: I understand where you are coming from, Anthony. Something to bond the remaining friends and a token for your departed friend's memory. 

As far as finding solace, yeah. Busy hands are a salve for the spirit and hurting heart. It tends to calm the stress, too.

Hang in there. Great gesture you've made there.

+1

Anthony, you are a good man.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(01-02-2017, 09:44 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: ?????

Sorry Anthony. It was late, the antihistamine was kicking in and I saw the name beginning with "A".

Still, whoever you are, a very nice gesture both for you and the ladies.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper