Some of my work
Steve asked if I would post my work, so here it is, this is from my recent hand tool period ;-) Don't have pictures of my prior life's work ( before I was wounded)

This is our dining table about 9' long, can't take credit for the legs, they are reclaimed, although I had to turn them down, yes I use a power lathe, they were grotesquely large beforehand.

The wood is from my hoarding stash of Cuban mahogany, yes the real stuff, cut over 100 years ago, wife wanted it darker, so.....you don't want to know how long it took.

Attached Files Image(s)

Beautiful wood! I'm sure it was nice to work.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Great work.  Congratulations.

Jim
Awesome. Love the dark rich wood.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I like that the top is made from planks, not solid all the way across.
Really adds character to it.
Nicely done...
Ag
(01-05-2017, 08:15 PM)AgGEM Wrote: I like that the top is made from planks, not solid all the way across.
Really adds character to it.
Nicely done...
Ag

^^^^^^^^

+1
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Glad you like the design, thought it would be more interesting. Had a historical home tour and we had over 400 people come through our house, and to my surprise the table was a big hit and garnered a lot of attention.

Thanks again,
Andy

mos maiorum

-- mos maiorum
A 9' long plank table would cause anyone pause! It's hard to pick up details from this end but the table is magnificent. Thanks for sharing.
Very nice table. Where did you get that Cuban mahogany? Very rare stuff!
That's a story in and of itself. One day this man who lived a few miles from me saw me working on a project in front of my old barn and he asked me if I needed any woodworking equipment, and invited me to his shop. Was floored when I walked into that shop turns out one of his side jobs was making instruments for Juilliard School of Music, he was in his mid 80s at this time and retiring

He told me his father was a woodworker and his fathers father was a wood worker. He explained that he still had a lot of rough cut wood that was processed by his grandfather in the 1930s! Then he said I should buy it, that he was moving and could not take it with him, so I ended up with a load of Cuban mahogany and flame maple, plus several wood working tools. He showed me a lot In the few months prior to his move....just luck.

Andy