Shout out on Yotie's behalf: Really nice chisel rolls
I try to stay out of Swap N Sell.  It is a danger to my pocket.  But every now and then I take a look, and I found Yotie's chisel rolls listed there once. 

This is the second custom job I have had him do for me:

[Image: YotieChiselRoll2OPT.jpg]
All loaded up in the same direction

[Image: YotieChiselRoll3OPT.jpg]
Alternating directions

[Image: YotieChiselRoll4OPT.jpg]
Folded over

[Image: YotieChiselRoll6OPT.jpg]
All rolled up, with its counterpart

This finishes off a Secret Santa project from several years back.  I was given the bare chisels and wood for the handles.  Now they have a proper home and make a set The Varmints can fight over in a few decades.

Thank you Yotie for the final touch.  I am quite happy with the results.
Hmmm. They seem to be invisible.
Smile
BontzSawWorks.net
I love the handle shapes. Beautiful work!

And the chisel roll is nice, too.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(01-06-2017, 04:49 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: Hmmm. They seem to be invisible.
Smile

West Coast server was down most all day on Friday.  Meant no access to email either for me.

(01-07-2017, 03:15 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: I love the handle shapes. Beautiful work!

And the chisel roll is nice, too.

Thank you.

I modeled them after a Sorby chisel that is my favorite all around chisel.  After squaring up the blanks on a TS I used a drawknife and a plane to make octagons of them.  The picture doesn't show the irregularity that you would discern in handling them, but they are a shape that is comfortable to my hands.

They have been in desperate need of a proper home, and most rolls were much too short for them.