Sharpening
Anyone tried sharpening gouges with a Worksharp 3000 and Tormek jig?
"Feedback is the breakfast of champions"

Swept back gouges are difficult to sharpen on a Worksharp.  There are jigs for the Tormek that can sharpen gouges, but it's a lot slower compared to a grinder with a Wolverine Vari-grind jig.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(01-06-2017, 11:50 AM)AHill Wrote: Swept back gouges are difficult to sharpen on a Worksharp.  There are jigs for the Tormek that can sharpen gouges, but it's a lot slower compared to a grinder with a Wolverine Vari-grind jig.

I want to remove as little material as possible when freshening an edge.  Especially with the cost of tools (price gouging?) rising all the time. 

The 3000 is too gimmicky for me.  Wheels of whatever rpm or sanding belts my preference.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
I tried them both when I know nothing about sharpening and did not care for the slowness and how hard it was to sharpen them but then again that was 7 years ago before they added implements to help.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Got the wolverine with varigrind and skew jig from me to me Christmas gift and WOW. I had free hand grinder and apparently poorly. Easy to learn and not the shavings come off like what I see in others videos.
a few years ago I invented an attachment for the worksharp 3000 . they now sell this attachment.  it works with the tormek jigs . it is what I use, I think it works great. but then ,,well ,,I invented it
Laugh
The only draw back is by the time you buy the attachment and all the Tormek jigs , it gets pricey. I already had all the jigs with my Tormek so it wasn't problem. I sold the Tormek and kept the jigs. very happy with it.
A roughing gouge can be sharpened with out buying any thing. if you make this jig for sharpening skews

[Image: worksharp10.jpg]

And add a disk for rolling it

[Image: worksharp16.jpg]
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop