More of my work (photo heavy)
My workbench, won't go into it but my old workbench was lost during my hospital time, most of the material is from our late 19th century stone house remodeling. We took out several walls and removed sold old additions, which rendered a huge amount of old growth longleaf pine, some of the old timers call it "pumpkin pine" because of it's color...

Split top Roubo style, planned on using the design from Benchcrafted but changed to standard old style Roubo. There are some newer cuts of lumber but it's more than 80% recycled from the homestead. Just shy of 10' long, 31" wide and 5" thick and weighs over 700 lbs. Built it on our front porch because my shop didn't have a floor at the time, mainly with hand tools.

Took me 8 months to build after the lumber was cleaned and sized, somehow the end product was way above my skill level ;-)

Regards,
Andy
Mos Maiorum

Attached Files Image(s)

That's a gorgeous bench!  You are a very fine craftsman, sir!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
That shop[ floor is a scene stealer. Awesome. Nice bench, too.
If you're gonna be one, be a Big Red One.
Beautiful bench. Beautiful work. I love the use of the recycled lumber.
REALLY nice bench.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
Beautiful bench!  Will you cry much when it gets the first ding??
I disagree. You ARE AT the level of your skills with that bench. That's really nice work. Don't worry about the dings. I have a softwood bench with dings, and they just prove that work is being done on it.

Very nice job, great bench!
Old pine has it's own smell to it like no other. Somewhere between pleasant and musty.

Even old homes can retain the smell.

Nice work bench. It's good to see that lumber wasn't released into the atmosphere or buried away. A tree spent a long time making it.
Nice bench but is that a 68 fastback outside?
"Humble pie was delicious as an abstract motivational tool. But when you have to actually take a bite, it tastes terrible."
Dan Shaughnessy, boston globe on the Patriots loss in Superbowl XLII
(01-06-2017, 07:45 PM)Adnick Wrote: Took me 8 months to build after the lumber was cleaned and sized, somehow the end product was way above my skill level ;-)

Regards,
Andy
Mos Maiorum

Excellent bench Andy!
Interesting that you would have the "flexible" light in a doghole on the tail vise.  Mine is in a doghole on the other end of the bench and my old eyes use it all the time.
Skip