So there was a saw doctor who posted here...
It was maybe three years ago. I went on an ebay binge, and managed to acquire a few quality antique saws that are in need of rehabilitation. I had a PM exchange with someone on this forum who was expert in rehabbing old saws. I think it was Marv W. Does that sound right?

Anyway, at the time, I couldn't comfortably afford the cost of a rehab. Whoever it was offered me a discount, which I declined, but appreciated. I'm at a point now where I could afford to pay full price for the restoration, and I'd like the work to go to the kind soul who offered me a discount when I needed one.

I haven't seen Marv W posting recently? Does anybody have information?

If my memory is wrong (which is quite possible), and the person who offered me the discount wasn't Marv, would you please step forward so I can make arrangements?
If you're gonna be one, be a Big Red One.
Last post from Marv that I'm aware of he stated he was retired from saw doctoring.  I don't believe I've seen him post here since.  I have saws in need of sharpening too but haven't gotten off my keester to find someone yet.

Frank S in IA
Matt:  turn on your PMs.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Marv has retired from saw sharpening, but I have been picking up speed since he left the scene, having refurbished and sharpened close to 100 saws in the last two years. I have picked up many tips from the masters (including Marv, Daryl Weir, and others) and am confident with my abilities. And I do accept jobs from others.

I'm currently finishing a Disston No. 12 panel saw with a 20 inch plate and a Disston Acme 120 crosscut.

Here is a 10" dovetail saw I built a couple of months ago using components purchased from Dominic Greco. I plan to build a second one with a birdseye maple handle when I finish up a couple of other projects.

[Image: 32039014552_cab2564cf2_c.jpg]

[Image: 31345936194_25ee0caafc_c.jpg]
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Heh; I thought they were gone for good. It WAS Marv. That's too bad that he retired, I had been looking forward to the day that I could afford to have him restore a saw or three.
Bob knows what he is doing. When I retire, I'll join him in taking on other' saws.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-08-2017, 04:26 PM)Admiral Wrote: Bob knows what he is doing. When I retire, I'll join him in taking on other' saws.

Bob is getting the work if he wants it. About that same time I purchased the saws, I purchased a Sargent Shaw's patent jointer from another member here. It arrived having been broken in shipment. Bob offered to fix it gratis, and, not only did he fix it, he did some restoration work on it that turned out really well. He's another Woodnetter that I'd like to balance the books with.
(01-08-2017, 04:33 PM)MattP Wrote: Bob is getting the work if he wants it. About that same time I purchased the saws, I purchased a Sargent Shaw's patent jointer from another member here. It arrived having been broken in shipment. Bob offered to fix it gratis, and, not only did he fix it, he did some restoration work on it that turned out really well. He's another Woodnetter that I'd like to balance the books with.

Hi Matt,

Sure! I'd be happy to sharpen some saws for you. I'm just about caught up on my bench right now, so I should be able to get to them quickly.

By the way, I would have sent a PM, but you haven't enabled that feature in your user preferences yet. Please do it so I can send you my mailing address.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Bob, do you have any prices for your services? I have a few saws that need sharpening.
Don
I can vouch for Bob knowing what he is doing.