Fun with a Stanley #45

Not sure how much fun it is..but, I did set the plane up as a sash cutter plane the other day..

So, after re-sawing some pine blanks, and using a plane to surface it S4S, gave the plane a try-out

And came up with this profile.    I ran the plane down both edges.     Currently building a frame and panel sided Chest of Drawers, so I needed to mold some rails/stiles, and get them ready to go into some corner posts.   I cut a tenon of sorts on each end, after figuring out how long the piece needed to be..

So, NOW I have the first one about done.   need a few more done, and the edges of the corner posts as well.    may have to hone the cutter a few times.   I have been using the Mitre Box to cut the blanks to length

Stanley #358......either this is a HUGE saw, or else I have a very small bench.   Anyway, I have four more blanks to get planed and molded..

BTW: I also needed to go out and BUY a new camera, and now I get to learn how to use it.    Now just need some time to run a plane or three, around.      Need to get that big saw OFF my bench, first. 

May post more as i get things down.  I even did a very rare thing for me...I actually drew a Plan up to help build  this "dresser"......scary...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Pretty nifty.
I do not know if the guys here know but you do all of your work is with hand tools and a lot of things at that to.  Maybe you can show some of your projects you have done over the last year bandit.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
BANDIT571..............BTW: I also needed to go out and BUY a new camera, and now I get to learn how to use it.

Perfect example of every project requires a new tool. New project ... new tool ... new skills.

My new camera works great!  I needed it for work, but use it for everything now...
Skip