Stanley #60
Have a Stanley #60 drill guide / dowel guide, and originally had several metal sleeves for different size drill bits, however I've lost my sleeves somewhere along the way.

Anyone made replacement guide sleeves for theirs? Need to use mine and I'm looking for the simplest solution, already went on eBay looking for some originals with no luck.

Thanks,
Andy
mos maiorum
Too bad, no replacements and you might as well buy one that is complete.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Well was hoping, have the ability to make some new ones but have to find suitable material, and that was my second hope, that someone had already found that suitable material ;-)

Andy
mos maiorum

-- mos maiorum
On EBay right now as a buy it now for $20 plus $5 shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Stanley-60-D...Sw5cNYSYbU
Wow, now that was something, thank you so much!

They are mine...That will save me so much time and frustration.

Thanks again,
Andy
mos maiorum

-- mos maiorum
Wow, you lucked out, good for you.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Glad you got 'em. I have the 60 and it gets a bit of use.
When I get my metal lathe I could make you some.  I would need the exact outside diameter that fits in the hole and the inside diameter for the drill hole which can be about .005 larger so the bit does not hit the sides or drill the sides or you can just send me the drill bits and #60 and I will do it all from there.  It will take a few months tho until Steve sends it and I get the steel rods bought.

That is one of the things I will have in the building I want for the vets is a machine shop, sheet metal shop, and welding along with a total woodworking shop for turning, carving, bandsaw boxes, scroll saws and so on.  Along with a photo shop, painting shop, Ceramics, picture frames, Clay turning, and several others.
The lady at the Chamber of Commerce is doing all the foot work and even contacted the city and I now will have a 12,000sf for all of this including a snack bar with many tables so guys can drink coffee or a snack and play cards just like the old days of which I miss so dearly.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin:

Thanks very much for the offer, but the problem is solved, "Theoldfart" found a set on eBay and I got them. Actually have two #60s, just purchased one, was going to set one up for one depth and the other for another setting, then discovered that I could not find my inserts....

Congratulations on the building....

Thanks again,
Andy

-- mos maiorum
If there is anything I can help with just let me know.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.