Interior Divided Light Doors Build Along - Part 13
Here's a link to Part 12. 

Making the moldings for the arched jamb is the last major fabrication task.  The existing door moldings consist of two pieces and look like this:

[Image: f3GSxSg7973ON7f0j1Dr--3YR4SxbFSMSxdfuPC7...06-h566-no]

To make the moldings for the arch jamb I used the arch template to layout the curve on a piece of stock long enough to cover half the arch width, drew a parallel curve 3-3/4" outboard of that, and then rough cut the parts on the bandsaw.  I used my compass plane to bring one part exactly to my lines, and then used that part as a template to route the others.  OK, now I had to cut join the parts in the middle to create the complete arch molding.  Rather than try to figure out the angle and how to hold the part to cut it, I realized I could again use the arch template to hold the parts on the and cut the off with my RAS. 

[Image: 4ttirWfdesJ28II6xVKqlcopaz5zTCQnCswn3_7x...38-h628-no]

I cut the parts right and left so any error would be eliminated.

[Image: 9PnrGe_By2xf64QuXJE8GGdo0XnZkitOKbqdQe4t...38-h628-no]

To join the parts I decided to route a pocket in the back for a Dutchman.  So I made a little templete and used a collet with my palm router.

[Image: lkTtQDu2MaBhrkDI0zhLkoLQ-gn14sK283hiWe4a...38-h628-no]

After gluing in the Dutchmen I ran a 1/4" round over bit on the inside of each molding to finish them.  The parts at the top are the side jamb moldings.

[Image: YsLvOwtlOAancS4hKiTKyFEHYoSd5mOP-rp9p3bU...38-h628-no]

I routed the recess for the door stop that goes in the fixed door using a plunge base trim router with edge guide. 

[Image: QPqrwGMlXSQM5sPRAmgt2Gx6WjtxsNWL7Z-96KQG...38-h628-no]

I had to do a little handwork on it, too, to accommodate the contours of the mechanism.  I didn't come out perfect with what you don't see.

[Image: eJtR11Bb7LqIQg1tHiKYlc8L4O0PEx-D_IgJ8edo...71-h628-no]

But what you do see looks good.

[Image: 7xGHPod41unjkV7fdNOpybtoihaNkp0HL8Md-3WE...71-h628-no]

Finally, I made the arch molding cap pieces from 1/8" strips of veneer, using the arch moldings as the bending form. 

[Image: 2WTbIekEBQZXyLizUMn-t9JUg3eFi0zyxB5QZSRF...38-h628-no]

Ripping them to width was interesting.

[Image: KADUq8dpmcfZ_-TMUmKA_NB_q2YHOb2U58aV1a6v...38-h628-no]

These parts fit over the wider molding, so I had to cut a 1/4" rabbet in them.  To do that I made this fixture for my router table.

[Image: d5sAwY2xcH7M2jiJCyFjSV8xig7a7Pxf6SZ6EMC8...38-h628-no]

I had to use a climb cut to prevent tearout - not something I'd recommend but I didn't really have any choice.  When I was done the back of the parts looked like this.

[Image: yy0ir4GZ8D_9LUfjuUVTQXo1JoD0LmNgLN9N_FG9...38-h628-no]

And the parts fit together like this.

[Image: UxV0FXyq-46t-_Sgr9L7fCB73cJQ5XXLkGX5LJfu...38-h628-no]

Nearly ready for finishing.  Thanks for following along.

John
Nice! That was interesting on the rip to width, almost out of room at the ceiling.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Beautiful work, John - thanks for the build-along pics!

Doug