crazy question - has anyone ever seen plans for the Sears houses
Maybe sounds crazy, but my son lived in one of those post-war Sears houses in the Erie, Pa. area. Now living elsewhere, he really liked it and wonders if there were ever plans for them. He has tried to track them down but to no avail. Long ago and far away, I know, but since they were pre-fabbed I would think there had to be some sort of plans and directions for assembly. Just wondering if anyone has a clue as to whether or not plans/architectural drawings existed and where to find them.

A lost acquaintance cousin has one in northern WI, I have been in it, pretty cool. Even has a Sears catalog from the year it was bought.
If I remember right, I looked at it in the catolog and they just gave a pic of the house, no floor plan in it.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

try here.
http://www.arts-crafts.com/archive/sears/
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Yep, just cllick on the name of the house and floor plan and pics.
Smirk

(01-14-2017, 01:23 PM)MikeBob Wrote: try here.
http://www.arts-crafts.com/archive/sears/

A page from history about a company that gave America what she was looking for, seemed Sears made a left at some point when they should have gone right.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(01-14-2017, 04:33 PM)Steve N Wrote: A page from history about a company that gave America what she was looking for, seemed Sears made a left at some point when they should have gone right.

The thing that's funny is that Sears had the whole mail order thing going long before the internet. All they had to do was fold the web access into their ordering processes and then to promote it.

Just brain damage, that's all I can attribute it to.

Thanks for the link to the catalog info.  I'm working on a layout of a house to build for LOML once we retire and these will help.
chris
(01-14-2017, 04:33 PM)Steve N Wrote: A page from history about a company that gave America what she was looking for, seemed Sears made a left at some point when they should have gone right.

No, about change and no competition back then other then Roebuck and they bought them out, then Sears and Roubuck for a while.
Smirk

Interesting.

Amazing to build a nice small home for 500 bucks.

http://www.antiquehome.org/House-Plans/1916-Sears/
FWIW there are at least 2 cities in Md. that are full of Sears homes.
I'm sure there are more out there.
District Heights, & Greenbelt Md. are full of these old homes.
Herb they are dotted all across the country, especially the Eastern half of it.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW