Barnes Scroll Saw at auction
Anyone in Cincinnati who needs a new scroll saw should take a look at this (not mine) https://www.ebth.com/items/4936361-antiq...cipede-saw

Would be much more fun than using those loud electric ones. If I had the cash, I'd buy it myself and post YouTube videos of my glee.

Mike
Too bad I don't live in Ohio (aka A-hi-ah), or I could go drop half my shop money on that...

Looks like it was a nice restoration.
I can't believe it sold for that much. I saw one similar to that one at an antique mall in Florence, Ky a couple years ago for about $500. I should have bought it.
Wink
(01-16-2017, 10:13 PM)mvflaim Wrote: I can't believe it sold for that much. I saw one similar to that one at an antique mall in Florence, Ky a couple years ago for about $500. I should have bought it.
Wink
I saw the largest version in an Asheville antique store ten years ago...asking $1,000. I was tempted..it was in fine condition.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I have seen homemade versions and plans. It's just too easy to pick up a cheap tailed screamer.
Pretty pricey-though this one looks "prettied up"! Seen originals ranging $350 to $600, and some only needing a thorough cleaning. Pretty common and if any one is really interested in getting one, watch Martin Donelly's auctions as he always seems to have Barnes tools listed.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(01-17-2017, 11:41 AM)hbmcc Wrote: I have seen homemade versions and plans. It's just too easy to pick up a cheap tailed screamer.

I've used one of those velocipedes before.  It's fun for about the first 15 minutes.  I know this is the hand tool forum, but I'll keep my electrified saw, thank you very much. 
Big Grin

Also, just for the record, my scroll saw is about the quietest power tool in my shop.  I will admit though, velocipedes are cool. 
Yes  
Wink
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?