Cast Iron Maintenance Day....

Winkgrin 

[Image: DSCF1420_zpsm86fllnb.jpg]
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-17-2017, 04:20 PM)JGrout Wrote: Johnson's paste wax is more than adequate to make tool surfaces slippery 

I have yet to find a shop that does not have a can that is used extensively. 

Slip it is IMO an expensive upgrade. 

Joe

Joe

When you say Expensive upgrade how much better is it then paste wax?  So have you used it?  If so what did you use it on and how long did it last and how did it work against corrosion?

To me and a lathe if something worked better and lasted longer it would be better to have but I know nothing about it.  So have you used it?  If it lasted and protected the ways better and made it easy to move the banjo and tail stock and head stock then I would think for me anyway it would be better and buy it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Quote:When you say Expensive upgrade how much better is it then paste wax?

If you use it like I use it  there is no difference. 

Have I used it? 

Yes but not in my shop; one I do service work for has some. They also have a can of Johnson's paste wax. 

Guess which one gets used by the help mainly because it does the job in less time and easy to apply over and over again

Now we are talking about a shop that cranks out 5-10K BF a month 

On a lathe done once in a blue moon I am sure it is adequate..  just expensive
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I need to do that too....and rotate the cutters in the planer and jointer as well. 

Normally I do it between Christmas and New Years....but I was busy. Has been that way all month. 

TS is getting bad. Been using a ton of cherry, and pitch is building up. To the left of the insert, there is quite a buildup, to the point every few weeks I need to take a razor and scrape a layer off 
Crazy

Bad part is I am the guy that lectures about PM's......and now I am letting them slide 
Laugh

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)