2- dosch miter trimmers - $30
2- dosch miter trimmers - $30 Saginaw, MI. Craigslist  / Not mine but could be a deal for someone.... 

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/tls/5960192075.html
Those would definitely be a buy!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Dayum!, that's a steal. For those not familiar with the name "Dosch", they are a USA made trimmer identical to the Pootatuck. Made in NJ, the company went under in the 70's. Normally these sell for about $100 each (+/-) though I don't see a handle with the ones in the ad. If they were closer I'd buy them if for no other reason to have the blades. the one I have I bought maybe 8 years ago or so and paid $125.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
They would have to be extremely sharp to cut with the handle that's on them now.  

John
There are many missing parts on both units. I called the guy, who is about an hour north of me. Restoration will involve acquiring or fabricating parts in order to make the units usable. It would be a fun project for someone willing to do this, but for me it isn't worth it.
(01-17-2017, 01:16 PM)David Katz Wrote: There are many missing parts on both units. I called the guy, who is about an hour north of me. Restoration will involve acquiring or fabricating parts in order to make the units usable. It would be a fun project for someone willing to do this, but for me it isn't worth it.

The one in the back has a broken wing and looks like a parts tool or an extra set of blades for the other one, the one in the foreground looks like its only missing the handle, which could be easily made from some bar steel.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
The partially missing wing may or may not be a problem in use. I am sure a good workaround could be cobbled up. As for the handle, it took me 15 minutes of whittling and now mine sports a solid walnut handle.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com