What is its name?
A small block attached to the front of a stile with a screw through the middle. It keeps a cupboard door closed. Turn 90 degrees to allow the door to open. Kind of old-school, country latch. My current project includes two of these and I realized that I don't know what they are called. I'm guessing it's not what I've been calling them; "the turn-y things".
Mike B.

One thing is for certain though. Whichever method you use, you can be absolutely certain that you are most assuredly doing it wrong.        Axehandle, 2/24/2016
Do not get in to much of a hurry buddy...  Arlin, 5/18/2022
Apology excepted.  TT. 2/25/20223
I believe the name you are looking for is 'turn button'.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Thank you, sir. Turn button it is.
Mike B.

One thing is for certain though. Whichever method you use, you can be absolutely certain that you are most assuredly doing it wrong.        Axehandle, 2/24/2016
And they used to be everywhere in every tool box, garage and basement alway had a bunch around as the used to hold the screens and storm windows on No they have mostly disappeared
Smile
I still use metal turn buttons on the storm/screen door on the back door, to hold the aluminum-framed screen or storm window (depending on season).
They still hold my window screens on my windows.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
"latch" maybe?
Armed with "turn button", I googled it. 'Turn button latch' and 'turn button catch' came up a lot. You can get the stamped metal ones to hold your window screens in place, or cast metal in a variety of finishes - some fairly expensive. My turn buttons are made from cherry, however I've decided to use a different latch method. You need a separate knob on each door if you are using turn buttons to hold the doors closed. That looks too "busy" to my eye.
Mike B.