Any tips on wire nutting three 10 guage
I have seen those type connectors several times and while they are easy to work with I have seen wires that have fallen out far too many times for my liking.  I might be way off but for now I will stick with wire nuts, hell I cut them off fixtures that come with them to use wire nuts
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(01-23-2017, 01:03 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I have seen those type connectors several times and while they are easy to work with I have seen wires that have fallen out far too many times for my liking.  I might be way off but for now I will stick with wire nuts, hell I cut them off fixtures that come with them to use wire nuts

I think anyone that has actually used these will know that the wires aren't going to simply fall out, especially "far too many times."

To remove a conductor, you have to twist them back and forth as you tug on them, and it chews the wire up something fierce when you do so.  And that is solid, once stranded is in there, it isn't coming out, you have to cut the wire.
Buy the nuts specifically made for 10 guage wire. They are required by my electrical inspector.
The contractors I worked for were too cheap to buy Wago's.
They always used Ideal 454's.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ideal-454-Blu.../202894280
(01-23-2017, 02:41 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: I think anyone that has actually used these will know that the wires aren't going to simply fall out, especially "far too many times."

To remove a conductor, you have to twist them back and forth as you tug on them, and it chews the wire up something fierce when you do so.  And that is solid, once stranded is in there, it isn't coming out, you have to cut the wire.

I agree, the only time I have had issues with the wires "falling out" are when I did not make sure I pushed them all the way in, but once they are pushed in all the way (you should see each wire in the clear plastic "sight glass") they can be a bear to get back out.  These are a godsend to those of use who hate to use wire nuts, like me.  But, if Bob wishes to use wire nuts, more power to him.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
(01-23-2017, 03:12 PM)pprobus Wrote: I agree, the only time I have had issues with the wires "falling out" are when I did not make sure I pushed them all the way in, but once they are pushed in all the way (you should see each wire in the clear plastic "sight glass") they can be a bear to get back out.  These are a godsend to those of use who hate to use wire nuts, like me.  But, if Bob wishes to use wire nuts, more power to him.

Always try to pull out any push in type connectors.  Agreed once they are locked in they will not fall out.    Pay attention to strip length also.    Roly
(01-22-2017, 10:50 PM)MKepke Wrote: Same as Robert - I twist all my wires together with a linesman's pliers and trim the ends BEFORE I ever put a wire-nut on the connection.

Makes the wire-nut go on with no drama.

-Mark

X3
(01-23-2017, 03:22 PM)Roly Wrote: Always try to pull out any push in type connectors.  Agreed once they are locked in they will not fall out.    Pay attention to strip length also.    Roly

I always try and pull the wires out of a wire-nutted connection.  Every once in a while one comes out and I know I did it wrong.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(01-23-2017, 04:17 PM)meackerman Wrote: I always try and pull the wires out of a wire-nutted connection.  Every once in a while one comes out and I know I did it wrong.

I've done a fair bit of wiring. I always do the tug test. I've had many more failures with wire nuts than the push-in connectors. Another option is copper crimps, if the OP has a crimp tool.
Man I have done this countless times. Twist with a pair of linesman pliers and use a blue scotchlock wirenut. 

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m...y0l2lA.jpg
John T.