Any tips on wire nutting three 10 guage
(01-26-2017, 01:33 PM)Bob10 Wrote: How long have they been making these?  They still sell back stab devices yet over time most acknowledge they have failings.  I don't want to argue with you I am mostly trying to keep you from having problems.  If you believe I am crying wolf you are free to do what you want.  You questioned my statement far too many failures, someone else in the field reiterated it and added inspectors in his area won't allow the use.  Again you are free to do what you want

They've been making the precursor to these (w/o the clear insulation) for well over thirty years.  Same basic spring mechanism, though.

Literally millions sold/in use.
(01-26-2017, 02:00 PM)geek2me Wrote: We do see widespread problems with these, maybe you are looking in different places.

Where in Europe are they used?  Apparently not in Italy, Poland, Germany, or UK, according to our FAEs.

Yes, the same basic design is used throughout Europe, including Italy and Poland and Germany and the UK.

Funny you even mentioned Germany, you realize Wago is a German company, right?
I'll use them for lighting.  High current application, never.
(01-26-2017, 02:48 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Yes, the same basic design is used throughout Europe, including Italy and Poland and Germany and the UK.

Funny you even mentioned Germany, you realize Wago is a German company, right?

Curious that our FAEs and electricians had not heard of them.  Maybe they are used in applications other than industrial and residential.  It would be interesting to know where they are actually used and to find someone in those countries that is familiar with them.

I did not notice that Wago was a German company, but lots of companies make products that are not sold or used in their home markets.
(01-27-2017, 02:35 PM)geek2me Wrote: Curious that our FAEs and electricians had not heard of them.  Maybe they are used in applications other than industrial and residential.  It would be interesting to know where they are actually used and to find someone in those countries that is familiar with them.

I did not notice that Wago was a German company, but lots of companies make products that are not sold or used in their home markets.

All the information you seek is out there, can be found via Google.  Threads like this:

http://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/messa...adid=43759

... with comments like:

We specified wago connectors for a high vibration enviroment (gas compressor & motor chain junction box's mounted on the skid) about fifteen years ago.

Both the Dutch and the German customers were very sceptical about the "screwless connections" within our junction box's. The germans came around, when we pointed out that they are mage by a German company. The Dutch gas company came on board when their service engineers gave them the thumbs up.
They do not work loose, so they didn't have to go around checking for loose terminals in the anual shutdown/ routine maintenance schedules. Faults due to loose terminals vertually disappeared. Wago make them in all sizes from PCB mounted all the way up to 35mmsq din rail mounted, sold wire or stranded.
I do not work for wago, just a satisfied customer.

Or you can just call and speak with the company.  It is a great outfit.

They're used extensively in both residential and industrial applications.

The very fact they are used so extensively in high-vibration environments is one reason I smirk a little when people tell me about them easily falling off.
(01-27-2017, 02:35 PM)geek2me Wrote: Curious that our FAEs and electricians had not heard of them.  Maybe they are used in applications other than industrial and residential.  It would be interesting to know where they are actually used and to find someone in those countries that is familiar with them....

Now I am confused.  
In the destructive test by John Ward (from the UK) mentioned by Robert Adams, Ward mentions the Wago connectors as being kinda the new kid on the block.
But when he gets to the wing nut he said it has fallen out of favor in the UK.  Seems for some reason he thinks the wire nuts are inferior to other connectors.
45 posts on wire connectors..........
Oh I see, Bob is in here...
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Laugh

I am waving at you guess how many fingers I am using
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(01-27-2017, 06:54 PM)Bob10 Wrote:
Laugh

I am waving at you guess how many fingers I am using

I assume one.
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-27-2017, 03:09 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: All the information you seek is out there, can be found via Google.  Threads like this:

http://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/messa...adid=43759

... with comments like:

We specified wago connectors for a high vibration enviroment (gas compressor & motor chain junction box's mounted on the skid) about fifteen years ago.

Both the Dutch and the German customers were very sceptical about the "screwless connections" within our junction box's. The germans came around, when we pointed out that they are mage by a German company. The Dutch gas company came on board when their service engineers gave them the thumbs up.
They do not work loose, so they didn't have to go around checking for loose terminals in the anual shutdown/ routine maintenance schedules. Faults due to loose terminals vertually disappeared. Wago make them in all sizes from PCB mounted all the way up to 35mmsq din rail mounted, sold wire or stranded.
I do not work for wago, just a satisfied customer.

Or you can just call and speak with the company.  It is a great outfit.

They're used extensively in both residential and industrial applications.

The very fact they are used so extensively in high-vibration environments is one reason I smirk a little when people tell me about them easily falling off.

I have to concur I worked in a open pit coal mine as a relief shovel operator and Wago connectors were used extensively in the control boxes. I was never aware of one failing in the 8 yrs I was there  and we are talking about thousands of wire connections
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy