Any tips on wire nutting three 10 guage
Any tips on how to get a solid connection on three solid core #10 wires.

The nut that I have is rated for up to 4, but it is a bear to get them together.

Any tips you can share?
Wire Nut Wrench.
https://www.amazon.com/wire-nut-wrench/s...t%20wrench

I have this one
[Image: ideal_ratch-a-nut72-4501.jpg]
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Zip tie the wires together first......

Ed
Wago Wall-Nuts will accommodate 10-gauge.
Twist them together with pliers and put the nut on. And don't use Buchanan wire nuts as they are pure utter garbage. Barely one time use. I can't tell you how many I have seen fall off in boxes because they grip so poorly due to their spring design which let's go over time. 

I like that sscrewdriver with the built in tool for them. I use the plastic ones that come with the bucket of wirenuts. They work pretty well and I keep one on my 12v screwdriver. Much easier on the hands...
(01-22-2017, 09:46 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Wago Wall-Nuts will accommodate 10-gauge.

Thanks Phil.  I just did some quick research.  I believe I am done with wire nuts.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Same as Robert - I twist all my wires together with a linesman's pliers and trim the ends BEFORE I ever put a wire-nut on the connection.

Makes the wire-nut go on with no drama.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
Those Wago connectors are the cat's butt. Bloomington Mike turned me on to them, and it's what I'll use for the 10 gauge stuff I'll be doing in the shop.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been using the WAGO connectors for all of my 12 and 14 gage stuff but the ones I have state that they won't work with 10g.

I'll have to shop around because I agree they are the best thing to use. Thanks for pointing out that they will work with 10g.
(01-23-2017, 07:51 AM)sroxberg Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. I have been using the WAGO connectors for all of my 12 and 14 gage stuff but the ones I have state that they won't work with 10g.

I'll have to shop around because I agree they are the best thing to use. Thanks for pointing out that they will work with 10g.

They make a special unit for three 10-gauge wires, as does Ideal.  Their standard units will only do 12 gauge and finer.

So you need the Wago 773-173:
https://eshop.wago.com/JPBC/0_5StartPage...O01&zone=7

Or an Ideal Series 39:
http://www.idealindustries.ca/products/w...n-sure.php