White ring removal help
Good morning everyone! I am in need of the collective knowage of this trusted group - please help....

Subject: white moisture rings on an antique table top.
Question: does anyone have a solution, a tried and proven method? The internet of full of suggestions, from the weird to the witchcraft, i'm hoping for some solid advice.

Thanks for the help.
...the one thing I can make perfectly every time, without fail, is a mess!
I have seen a ytube, wipe the area with denatured alcohol, while still wet light it off, white ring gone.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Just give it a very light spritz of denatured alcohol and the rings shoul go away.
(01-28-2017, 08:27 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: Just give it a very light spritz of denatured alcohol and the rings shoul go away.

... Dave D, the E.F. Hutton of fine furniture.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I do touch-ups professionally and this is a regular repair job.

I tried the light it on fire once, just once, and it blistered the finish.   Can't do that at a customer's home, in front of them. ;-)

I have used the wipe with denatured alcohol and it can work, particularly with shellac.

For modern furniture, I use these and have never had a failure http://www.homedepot.com/p/Homax-Furnitu.../202698033
(02-06-2017, 09:22 PM)bhh Wrote: I have used the wipe with denatured alcohol and it can work, particularly with shellac.

For modern furniture, I use these and have never had a failure http://www.homedepot.com/p/Homax-Furnitu.../202698033

Went to the link and read the reviews - seems to work well most of the time!  So, I was curious and found the MSDS sheet HERE - as circled on the image below, seems to be petroleum distillates w/ some kind of paraffin preparation - need to get my hands on some of these cloths!  :
Smile Dave

[Image: HomaxRingCloth.png]
Piedmont North Carolina
I always questioned this approach, but recently gave it a try and it worked. There was a white ring on a golden oak dining room table. I took a dab of mayonnaise and rubbed it in with my finger; then buffed it out with a paper napkin. The ring disappeared as I rubbed in the mayo. Buffing left the surface sheen blend in perfectly with the surrounding area. I don't know how this works, but it did. I don't know if this is a permanent fix or if the ring reappears down the road, but two minutes of application was the quickest repair I ever made.

I would be interested if anyone can explain why this works.