Are table saw miter guages pretty much universal?
You can always make your own, http://www.woodcentral.com/woodworking/f...rate-pics/
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(01-29-2017, 08:15 PM)AwesomeOpossum74 Wrote: My measurements show a 5/8"W x 1/4"H squared slot, not a T-slot, that seems to be standard.

What brand saw is that on, and how are you measuring?

Standard fits for most of the top selling TS's So Joe saying 3/4" x 3/8" deep is going to fit all but the Sears, and Rigid saws. From what I have read Emerson has made several of both their models, and that exact size slot won't take a normal miter bar. Your measurements are going to be for a very hard to fit saw. If those are real numbers, and you don't have any machining capability, your only recourse is to make one from Hard Maple, and you would do best to have the grain looking at you down the slot like the top piece of wood..

[Image: F0J9XL6GV04XATA.MEDIUM.jpg]

And make your height at least a dimes thickness shy of filling the miter slot.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Delta makes a pretty popular universal miter gauge for $49.99, but a company called POWERTEC actually sells the same item for only $38.95. It's just badged differently depending on if it's Powertec or Delta selling it. Regardless, it's all-metal and sturdy as hell, very accurate and good true stops at all the common degree angles. I bought one for my Jet hybrid table saw, and it has the standard 3/4" miter slots. As others have mentioned, a 3/4" object will not fit into a 3/4" space, and this gauge is exactly 3/4". So I had a hell of a time getting the gauge sanded down to the point where it fit easily but snugly. Took about an hour on the sanding belt, but it fits great. And you cannot beat the price for something this sturdy and accurate (the link to the Powertec model is below since the Delta version costs a lot more). I do recommend it highly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GBF...UTF8&psc=1
Don Stephenson
Columbus, Ohio
Creative Director by day, aspiring Woodworker by nights and weekends.
Pays the bills: www.applythecraft.com
The bills: www.facebook.com/realdealwoodwork
It has been determined that the slot in the saw is 1/4" x 5/8" 

Or  nonstandard
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I am pretty sure that Ohio Forge brand was sold  by Home Depot a number of years ago. I seem to remember the quality was not good, and it did not last long in the stores.
Ed
Making your own miter gauge is probably what you'll be stuck with unless you can find something with that bar size.
A steel slide is better than aluminum, and both of those are better than wood, but wood might work for the short term.
1/4x5/8 is a standard steel keystock size normally sold in 12" lengths.
Mak-a-key is one of many brands.  Often fastener suppliers have this size in stock.
Metals Express will cut and ship about anything you want in longer lengths.
read the Q&A for dimensions
 saw that while browsing.... 1/4  *  5/8

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(02-02-2017, 11:05 PM)Bob Vaughan Wrote: Making your own miter gauge is probably what you'll be stuck with unless you can find something with that bar size.
A steel slide is better than aluminum, and both of those are better than wood, but wood might work for the short term.
1/4x5/8 is a standard steel keystock size normally sold in 12" lengths.
Mak-a-key is one of many brands.  Often fastener suppliers have this size in stock.
Metals Express will cut and ship about anything you want in longer lengths.

Better than metal, try UHMW plastic.  http://www.ttrackusa.com/UHMW.htm  All my prebuilt jigs use it.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
UHMW is great product. Two runners make a great cutoff sled, but for a miter gauge it's too soft and flexible. In industry, they use miles of it in conveyors. For a couple odd ball miter slots, I've bought miter gauges and taken the heads off and used them on cold rolled steel.
A man of foolish pursuits
(02-03-2017, 09:24 PM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: UHMW is great product. Two runners make a great cutoff sled, but for a miter gauge it's too soft and flexible.  In industry, they use miles of it in conveyors. For a couple odd ball miter slots, I've bought   miter gauges and taken the heads off and used them on cold rolled steel.

Doublestick and screws at shorter intervals firm up pretty well in my experience.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.