New table saw questions
My SS sits on mats but the top is 34 5/16" from the floor. I have the ICS base and wouldn't trade it. Very easy to move the saw around.
The ICS base only raise the saw about 3/16" (or however thick that metal underframe is). It sits flat on that metal, not raised on wheels or anything, they retract fully. As for the PCS fitting into the Uni base, I believe it will but to be sure measure yours and then check the PCS specs (which I have at 19 3/8" square for the PCS).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Just wanted to add that if you're not in a hurry Sawstop normally has their 'sale' in March/April, which normally just means you can get an add-on free. Last year you could pick the overarm dust collection or the PCS mobile base.

And go with the 3hp.
Carl

If you enjoyed your Uni, get the 3hp so you can enjoy your new PCS. You don't want to spend nearly $3k and wish you had a bit more saw. Almost never hear anyone say they wished they'd gone with the smaller motor.....ok, ya "never" hear anyone say they wished they'd gone with the smaller motor! ;-)
Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I did exactly what you are planning to do - replaced a 3 HP Unisaw with a SS PCS; got it when they first came out and 3 HP was all they offered. I also went with the ICS mobile base and am very glad I opted for the upgrade. Very easy to move around in any direction.

As for HP don't think I'd chance going for anything less than 3 HP on a cabinet saw - YMMV. You will love this saw!

Doug
If you had found a used one in good condition for a good price, but with 1.75 hp motor, I'd say buy it and use it.  But if buying new, I think you should go with the 3 hp motor.  I think you'd be kicking yourself the first time you do some heavy work and it feels like you're beating on it.  And since you're used to 3 hp, and since you can't tell how hard you're actually working the motor without an ammeter to show you, you almost certainly will be beating on it, which also means (depending on how often, how hard, and for how long you beat on it) you'll likely be shortening the motor's life.  And a new motor will chew up whatever you saved by not getting 3 hp in the first place.

How's that for justifying it?  
Laugh

It's easy to spend someone else's money, but in this case, you'd be taking a step backward, and I think you'll regret it.  Spend it now, and never get that awful feeling that you should have gone with the bigger one.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
For the price difference the 3 HP is a no-brainer.  Further, I could possibly see myself spending $3,500 on a 3 HP saw.  I couldn't say the same for a $3K 1.75 HP saw.  I'd think resale would be considerably better for the 3 HP model as well.  As much as we don't like to think about that stuff.

Any decisions yet Chuck in NC?
Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

(02-03-2017, 05:32 AM)knotscott Wrote: Any decisions yet Chuck in NC?

The nearest place to buy is 50 miles.  Hope to go there tomorrow and measure everything to see if the Delta mobile base will fit.

The cab base will fit fine just not sure about the leg distance from the cabinet and the leg spacing.

I am going 3HP PCS 52 inch fence.
Follow up:  Sold my Uni and picked up the SS 3HP PCS (52 inch fence) with "free" mobile base.  

Finished assembly yesterday.  Overall fit and finish is very good.  Cast iron extensions not dead flat but more than adequate for WWing.  

Checked alignment on blade to miter slots, blade to fence, 90 degree blade setting, and all were spot on from factory. 

Alignment of 48 inch extension table was aggravating but all is close enough.

Best assembly and set up instructions I have seen on a WWing machine.

I have read many good reviews about the saw but must admit that the build experience speaks louder than the written review.

Fence is rock solid (Biesemeyer) and the cut quality is good.  I like it!  
Yes 
Yes

[attachment=2052]