New table saw questions
Thumbs Up 
Sweet!
Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Congrats, it's a great saw!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Chuck, I took advantage of the March/April SS promo and bought the same saw you did. My wife worries about me being in the shop alone so when I showed her video of the SS in action she approved the purchase. To be clear, I was perfectly happy with my Jet 3HP table saw. But, I'm fond of my hands and fingers. While I consider myself to be very safe, stuff happens - and usually to quickly for these aging nerves to react as quickly as they used to. I rationalized (perfect word for it) the purchase by saying that one accident which involved a trip to the ER and possible surgery would most likely more than pay for the extra cost of a SS. There's no guarantee that a person can't be hurt using a SS but it seems that there's much less chance of something happening.

As you've discovered, the SS is well designed and made. I've never seen assembly instructions as extensive as these. Even so, it took me a full day to unpack and assembly the saw. I've already made a couple of simple projects using the saw and loved how it worked. Very happy with my purchase. I think you'll be glad you went with the 3 hp as opposed to the 1.75.
Congrats everyone. My 5hp SS was purchased 2006 - Never a regret. I put my thumb into the blade at 11pm on 12/23/2013 with just the riving knife on (I now keep my over-blade guard on as much as I can). Original brake fired and I had just a drop of blood and a scratch. Extra brake was put on and the saw was running immediately (although I quit for the night after that LOL). It cost double what a saw should have cost at that time and worth every penny to me. I am not trying to convince anyone as I only make me happy in my own shop. Someday ill add a BIG slider too - but they cost like a truck. For a "smaller" (10" size) NA style saw I love it. Id not buy any other 10" NA saw personally.

I use a HTC base with table extension with storage under it. I wish I had the SS Industrial base but I like the storage on the saw and the HTC base allowed for that pretty easily.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.