Upstairs remodel
looking good, I need to mud the drywall in my basement that I'm replacing as part of my flood remediation project.
that had to be a mess
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

wasn't as bad as it sounds, we had a problem with the backyard sloping to the basement door.  We would get a little bit of water on the floor most every spring.  Turns out it was taking a toll, getting sucked up behind the drywall.  I finally fixed the backyard problem and then we had a small plumbing flood that caused more drywall damage.  So it was time to replace it all.  Better safe than sorry.
(02-27-2017, 08:51 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Field office
[Image: 20170227_101154_zpsaqdy3x9e.jpg]

I love this pic. I looked for a few years for a pencil sharpener like that, and my bride never understood why. I found one and its on my shop wall.....and she laughs when she comes out to the shop. Nothing beats a good sharpener.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I bought it at an antique store. There seems to be a couple in ever store. Take a pencil with you to see how well it cuts. Some are great and others are dull.

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I've got 3 of those bostons. I have wore out as it chops now instead of sharpen.
Laugh 

The other 2 are in use
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Moving slowly. Work has been busy so I'm not getting much done. All the walls are primed and the ceiling. One wall is getting new windows so I'll drywall it once the window is in... hopefully this weekend. I went with the Pella windows off the shelf at Lowes because they are easy to mull together and the nailing fin comes folded down. I'll install the window from the inside out and push it out the opening enough to get he fin through. I'll fold up the fin and nail it from a ladder (2nd story). I'll put up something so it doesn't push all the way through. i'll build a little stool the height of the opening and set the bottom of the window on it and tilt it up. The wife will have to help.

Getting ready. I built a temporary wall to take the load of the trusses while I take out the old window and header and studs. I'll take the temp wall down when the new header is in. I's laying across the horses.

[Image: 20170703_163803_zps92ll73ey.jpg]

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I read the bit about the shower door and while I understand your hesitation to go with the pre fab unit for a third of the price I think you have to look at it from a different angle.  It seems to me if you get most of what you are doing right and screw up on what amounts to one piece of glass it would still be cheaper to order a piece of glass that allows for the screw up.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(07-05-2017, 12:52 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I read the bit about the shower door and while I understand your hesitation to go with the pre fab unit for a third of the price I think you have to look at it from a different angle.  It seems to me if you get most of what you are doing right and screw up on what amounts to one piece of glass it would still be cheaper to order a piece of glass that allows for the screw up.

That ship has sailed. Sort of. I wanted the wrap around but I didn't like the tolerance requirements of my tile work. I can do great looking work but holding to 1/4" in all directions scared be away. Another issue was the lousy reviews of the doors in my budget. What we decided to do was "shoot for" 1/4 tolerance in a straight frame-less, hinged door, not a wrap around. The budget works and the reviews are good. If I'm too far off with my tile, I'll just put in a framed, sliding door. I'll have to play with the mortar and trowel size to get it right and cross my fingers.

I've seen some doors while inspecting houses in real nice bathrooms where the tile is a little too far apart and it leaves a gap between the swinging door and the adjacent panel. There's a clear seal there but it doesn't reach to the next panel... so they leak. Some are too tight. I don't want that.

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Some progress today. It was slowed by some real poor workmanship so I have to be careful salvaging enough aluminum siding to button it all back up.

The rough opening is done. Tomorrow, I'm renting a scaffold to work on the outside. Heights scare me these days. The base of the existing opening is about 14' 8" off the ground. My ladders and legs are too wobbly.

I'll set an outlet under the window. There's  a J-Box in the attic I'll connect to. Always tight working with wire up against the low edge of the roof.

[Image: 20170709_191329_zpsswrcwt5k.jpg]

[Image: 20170709_193024_zpszja5inqn.jpg]

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS