Upstairs remodel
Progress today. Took off the siding and cut out the sheathing. Much easier using a scaffold.
[Image: 20170710_145948_zpsa4kgnbh4.jpg]

I made a temporary seat to set the bottom of the window on, then we tilted it up and set it in the frame. I put up a stop on the outside so the window doesn't fall through.

[Image: 20170710_145836_zpsn8iijg4u.jpg]

Up and in. My Wife is helping today... for ten minutes.

[Image: 20170710_150747_zpscr6xrohr.jpg]

I'll reinstall the siding tomorrow, then run the wire and insulate it. Then make yet another sheet-rock run.

[Image: 20170710_190936_zpsyir8s1ju.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

One of these days if I ever get the time, I'll try to reconstruct this thread. Trying to post pics with Imgur now.

Old window out

[Image: oiEwVDP.jpg]

Aluminum siding off and opening cut.
[Image: JOqYZFu.jpg]

Interior... and it's in.
[Image: y5t5lS0.jpg]

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

[Image: eCrKAIk.jpg]
On the the shower. preparing for the pre-slope with roofing felt and hardware cloth. The felt keeps the floor dry and the concrete wet and the hardware cloth holds the concrete together. I use a sand topping mix, mixed a little dry for the concrete layers. The wood strips along the edges are cut at a taper to help me trowel the slope. I pull the strips and fill the edges when everything is close.
[Image: VVUpjsF.jpg]

Sand mix is in
 [Image: T0a1SQs.jpg]

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

The membrane goes on top of the pre-slope making sure the corners are all tucked into the studs and no bulges. Then another 2" of concrete on top with the drain in place.
[Image: Hl10wIE.jpg]

[Image: ynssa7x.jpg]

[Image: rjlUwdd.jpg]

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Top layer of concrete is in and on the the backer-board for the walls
[Image: ARYFYlp.jpg]

Once the backer board is in I use mesh tape and mud all joints and screw holes with thinset.

[Image: HIsIcSA.jpg]

Then seal every thing with a topical sealer. I used Redguard. brush in all the corners with a couple coats and then roll a couple coats on everything else. Then fill any pinholes with a brush. I even seal about 12" on the floor in front of the shower.
[Image: qnVNIp3.jpg]

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

The walls are sealed. I'll tile the bathroom floor first and then tile the shower walls. I'll tile the shower floor last.
[Image: ABTD8fe.jpg]

Tiling the bathroom floor
[Image: AS8PNRx.jpg]

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

You're in the home stretch now.  
Yes
Getting closer. I still have to do the inside of the niches, bottom course, sill and front wall to tile. I'm soooo slow at tile work. So many things can go wrong and it gets expensive. 10 minutes of planning, one minute of tile work.

Getting the drain cut out
[Image: wwRF4tp.jpg]

Here we go..
[Image: 1wtxq0O.jpg]

Tomorrow after work I'll start the bottom course. It will come down and overlap the edge of the floor tile.
[Image: zVGW5sz.jpg]

Blue glass mosaic. I don't like working with glass. Wife likes it. She likes blues and greens too.
[Image: QDZrsnv.jpg]

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Almost home. I just need to tile the right side of the door opening and then grout. Things should start moving quickly once the shower is in. She'll order the shower door as soon as I have an exact measurement on the opening. I'll pick up the interior doors tonight on the way home from work. The closet door (glass) is on order. Won't see it for several weeks. We expect to pick up the flooring on Saturday. We're "probably going with solid oak or an engineered oak. She needs to make that decision. All 3 bedrooms and the hall will have new flooring.

I suspect the storms will have an effect on custom ordered goods, probably on floor and door prices too. That's why we want to get all that now.

I'll have to do some sheetrock taping and sanding in the hall and one of the bedrooms. Again, that should move fairly quickly but I am doing this and working full time so "quickly" is a relative term.

[Image: VC61Eol.jpg]

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Lookin good
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020