Upstairs remodel
The bathroom is out. I still need to pull up the tile but it should be easy. It's laid on Luan.
The wall with the plumbing has the other "remodeled" bathroom on the other side of it so I had already been in it. I took some close-ups of the original work. The wiring and 1/2" copper were fastened to the studs with spray foam. There was no box behind the vanity light. That's not uncommon but screwing the lamp fixture into spray foam is. The even put on a strain relief, not sure why.
[Image: IMG_4998_zpsu6r9zsr4.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4999_zpsorq04gwu.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5000_zps2nu0gviz.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I've been slacking

All the sheetrock is down and wiring mapped out. I need to move a wall that had return ducts in it. The new wall will divide the bedroom and new closet. It's a decent sized closet, 7x14 so I have keep a supply register in it and put in a return. I need to put in a supply register  in the bedroom because the old one is in the new closet.

These are the old returns for the bedrooms. The wall is going away dividing the rooms so I'll move them to the new wall 7ft away.
[Image: 20170209_112345_zps17va49vo.jpg]

The new wall be be just this side of where that opening ends. I'll cut into the duct to add the register.

[Image: 20170209_130901_zpst5atujvn.jpg]

Almost there. I'll get back to it on Saturday and repair the floor. Register is in.

[Image: 20170209_171559_zpsmp2lwvfz.jpg]

I thought I would have the new wall in today... nope.

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I haven't done much recently but I did frame the closet wall and close the floor back in. I'm off tomorrow and would like to get a wall up in the bathroom. I need to remove some more wall dividing the hallway and the bathroom. The old studs are pretty twisted. The framer sucked. That wall will also be the new shower wall so I'll frame in the niche now. It will also have a seat in it s I'll need to frame that also. I've never done one so I'll have to do some searching. You can see the returns cut into the floor between studs.

[Image: 20170212_131850_zpsc2hkq624.jpg]

[Image: 20170212_182327_zpsrzrlaqis.jpg]
I'll start framing this area (bathroom) next.
[Image: 20170212_182408_zps0mqbxtoi.jpg]

... Kizar Sosay

How's it going today
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I would a put electric heating grid under the tile. I did this when I did mine, and it's 'da bomb.

It's not cheap, but LOYL will love it everytime she walks on it, and you know what that means!  
Winkgrin

I got mine from https://www.thermosoft.com/en-US/radiant...or-heating

What was the coldest room in the house before, because of the Northeast exposure, is now one of the warmest.
chris
(02-17-2017, 02:59 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: How's it going today

it's going. I put up the wall between the bath and bedroom but I'm at a standstill until my wife picks out a shower door. I can't frame the shower till I know what she wants.... She's been working on it for three days... maddening. Did I mention that she's pretty and hasn't kicked me out yet? I take the good with the bad.

I had a few home inspections the last couple days so that's been keeping me busy but I'd like to get back to it. I do have some vent stacks to re-rout a little so I'll start that tonight.

Here's prepping for the bathroom walls. I'll set the nailers in the drywall and then build the wall laying down. Then tilt up the wall into the nailers  plumb and shim and nail it all in.

Prepping for the nailers:
It was amazing how little blown in insulation fell when cutting out the sheetrock. I did that with my trusty harbor freight multi tool.
[Image: 20170215_090122_zps7awmnojf.jpg]

Staging the wall parts. You can see the nailer in on the right wall. There's one on the ceiling too.
[Image: 20170215_114459_zpsyfyl6as2.jpg]

The wall is up. I finally got that vanity top out of there. I got tired of working around it. It's going to Restore, the habitat for humanty store.
[Image: 20170215_144505_zpsvgxtmyey.jpg]

... Kizar Sosay

Lookin good. Hey you coulda just chunked that vanity out the window.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

You can see the old tub drain sticking up from the floor. The shower will go there. I'll take down more of that wall on the right and replace the twisted studs. That was the old doorway into the bedroom. I need a good solid wall for the shower wall, it will have a few niches in and I'll do that framing and fill in the rest of the wall.. as soon as she picks out a shower door.
[Image: 20170217_175711_zpsd1pw2a6l.jpg]

I'm going to have to move this vent stack to he left and the stud because they're right where the shower mixing valve will go. The shower will be about 4ft x 6ft 6" but it will have a bench seat in it so the floor will be effectively only 5ft long. I also have to do some work to the 3" PVC stack in the above pic as I broke it when sawing out the old sink drain. You can see the back of the tub/shower I put in in the hall bath behind the ladder, to the left.
[Image: 20170217_175750_zpsia4otqxm.jpg].

... Kizar Sosay

(02-17-2017, 06:37 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Lookin good. Hey you coulda just chunked that vanity out the window.
Laugh

I thought about that but I would have to miss the deck, the fence and the condenser unit and my luck hasn't been running too good lately so I took it out the front door. Which is pretty good considering I couldn't do that a few weeks ago with my repaired knee. This project has helped me get some strength back in a big way.

... Kizar Sosay

Exercise
Cool
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020