Wanted,Wood Carver
(01-30-2017, 08:01 PM)RonB1957 Wrote:     Then you would want one of these 2 piece mallets. Shorter light weight handle. Infused head. Steel bolt passing all the way through. So even if the epoxied tenon ever came loose ( doubtful ) the rod and brass caps would prevent it from coming apart. 
     I am obviously not a full time carver, but I tend to hold the mallet up toward the head unless I really need to wack some thing. The over all length of the single piece mallet is approx. 10.5". The head portion is approx 3.75" long. The 2 piece is slightly shorter.
2 piece prototypes, of sorts. I settled on the one all maple in the middle. The one to the left, Walnut, is a slightly lighter mallet at 16oz. The brass ring really doesn't do anything. Just aesthetics. ala Blue Spruce. I won't be using those.
[Image: IMG_3328_zpsevvhx368.jpg]
Something more representative of what I am doing, between every thing else. :
Smile

The one on the left, hand turned, the others are CNCd then re turned by me to add a little more detail.
[Image: IMG_3469_zpskeuvkcmx.jpg]

I am seriously smitten with all of these, and I want about 8, but I'm afraid I won't even be able to afford one. :
Sad Anyway, hurry up and get them to market so I can cuss about not being able to afford one.
If you're gonna be one, be a Big Red One.