Indoor Weather Station
And done.

Got the garnet shellac on the frame after cutting in some small splines at each corner.  Used mahogany veneer as the spline material.  This works pretty well on small frames that aren't supporting much weight.  then just need a little bit of insurance to keep the miter closed.

Blonde shellac for the curly maple panel.  Garnet shellac for the frame.  Wax over all and buffed out.  If you use much wax on projects, go get a horse hair shoe brush for the final buffing.  Does a great job and helps to clean out corners where the wax can build up and look a little too clumpy.

[Image: 32707583645_f638ab08e0_c.jpg]

[Image: 32555319522_2a05ccc37c_z.jpg][Image: 32707709945_76f6722af1_z.jpg]

Always amazes me what kind of detail I can pick up in a photo that I just can't see otherwise.  I can just barely see the remains of my pencil line for marking the depth of spline cut (dovetail saw).  But just holding it in my hands, I can't see it under the shellac. I need to remember this and use my camera more as a way of inspecting details before and after finishing.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin