Old central vaccum
I used that mower hard and put it away wet a lot. Replaced the blade towers three times. They only sold bolt on towers, no repair [parts. First time the cost was something like $12, Second time was double that and the third time was over $50. Bearings were $4 and I had access to tools to replace them.

Gave the mower away when the deck rotted off.
Rolleyes Me
Slap
So I took the motor apart and yes, the bearings were shot.  I took to measuring them with calipers and was getting some weird dimensions until a realized that they are metric!  Then the size suddenly became very standard
Laugh.  New bearings were ordered and installed and about a pound of dust and gunk scraped and blown out of the inside of the motor and the fan.  It is now quieter than ever.  At least as a vacuum unit goes.  I also repainted the inside of steel buckets because they were getting rusty.  All in all about $20 and a few hours of work.  I think it now sucks better than before and I hope it lasts a few more years.
Very good. I like when simple maintainance is all that is needed.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(02-01-2017, 05:17 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: I used that mower hard and put it away wet a lot. Replaced the blade towers three times. They only sold bolt on towers, no repair [parts. First time the cost was something like $12, Second time was double that and the third time was over $50. Bearings were $4 and I had access to tools to replace them.

Gave the mower away when the deck rotted off.
Rolleyes Me
Slap

At the mower shop shop a friend of mine had and I worked at Years ago.... There was an old white riding mower. I rebuilt it with a bigger engine etc because those were built like a tank. They used rreal tapered roller bearings from cars for the jackshafts. I used that mower for years before selling it as I needed something bigger. 

Op glad those new bearings made the fix, not surprising they were metric. I remember having to replace a bearing on something and it had one dimension metric and the other sae....  How did the brushes look. 

In my next shop I'm going to have a house vac plumbed along with the big dc to use for tools and cleanup.
The brushes looked fine and long.  From reading info on when to change brushes I didn't see a reason to replace.  I looked at replacement motor as well, but it's $260 for this unit.  I would rather just get a whole new vac if it had to be replaced.
(02-13-2017, 01:36 PM)WoodCzech Wrote: The brushes looked fine and long.  From reading info on when to change brushes I didn't see a reason to replace.  I looked at replacement motor as well, but it's $260 for this unit.  I would rather just get a whole new vac if it had to be replaced.

Yeah I have seen some refurbished ones on a few sites for around that price and some less. Yours will probably run another several decades.