trimming an interior door
I need to trim an interior milled door length-wise, taking ~1" from each side. 
Do you all recommend using a table-saw or circular saw to cut an interior door length-wise?
Thanks in advance
[size=undefined]Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsmen can hide his mistakes!
                                                   -Walter Blodget[/size]
You could use either one, whichever you are most comfortable with.  How heavy is the door?  Are you working by yourself?  Do you have adequate space and capacity to rip on the TS?  If I were doing it, and the door wasn't too heavy and awkward, I would probably opt for the table saw, but I would have no problem using a circular saw, if I had to do it in the field.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Score the door before you cut it so it doesn't splinter
I'm not sure what you mean by a "milled door" but if it's a standard hollow-core door, you might not be able to cut 1" off each side without cutting into the interior of the door. The edge strips on a hollow-core door are only about 1" wide.
Can you get another door closer to the proper width, say a 2-6 door instead of a 2-8 one?
If the door is solid wood, and you have a choice, I'd definitely use a table saw to cut it.
Rick W
Big Grin 
if your table saw can cut that wide by all means use if. u gotta watch those hollow doors. u take a little off on side and there is nothing left to mortise your hinges in. dont ask me how i know.
Rolleyes
If you mean a frame and panel door you will be fine.

If it is an older hollow core door as stated above you will not have anything to attach the hinges to if you remove that much 

If it is indeed a hollow core door remove it all from one side and expect to remove the skins from the cutoff cut out the honeycomb the depth of the stile and reinstall the stile core with glue 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

lengthwise, I assume you mean top and bottom?
if so, circ saw is what I use.

if ripping off the sides, table saw.
if ripping, I hope ya don't have holes for door hdwe drilled already
This is an old 2 panel door, not a newer hollow interior.  Milled as in made at a woodmill or planing mill.
It is an old door I picked up @ Restore for $8 and refinishing it to fix into a narrower door frame.
[Image: 32613354306_431e7041bc_m.jpg][Image: 32613262676_aa37840449_m.jpg]
[size=undefined]Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsmen can hide his mistakes!
                                                   -Walter Blodget[/size]
Table saw if you have help.

Circ. saw if you are alone.

A third option, but not as good as the first two---hand power planer. Usually splinters the end of the door at the end of the cut.

Have done all three. Best method---TS. Easier to get a straight cut(if you have help!)
Recommendations on which type blade to use? (I know, a sharp one is the 1st priority)
                                                   -Walter Blodget[/size]