Need help with Craftsman/Mission Style TV Cabinet
I need to build a mission style TV cabinet. 

Something like this:
 [Image: 153587D.jpg]

I need help with the joinery. Maybe a book, or magazine article, or an actual plan from somewhere.  I don't need the through mortises, but like the other features here.  My questions regarding joinery stem from the middle shelf, and the bottom shelf.  how are they attached to the carcass? 

Looks like best option would be for the 2 horizontal shelves to be plywood right?  With a solid wood trim glued to front?  Easiest would be to hide some screws in there somewhere right?  Maybe pocket holes to the side rail?

Or are those "trim pieces" actually mortised into the legs as part of the integrity of the case, and the plywood shelf is just dropped in there? Maybe on some cleats attached to rails?

I just need help figuring this interior case joinery out.  It's holding me back from trying projects like this.  

Would this need a bottom pieces of plywood below the drawers, or is it open under there?

Also, I'm not necessarily referring to this piece in the picture.  It's just an example.  I'm looking for advise on best practice. I think this is a commercially produced piece...
I built one that looks exactly like that.  I built it from plans in the June/July 2011 issue of Woodcraft magazine.

Yes, the horizontal shelves are plywood.  They have a 1 3/4" hardwood strip glued on the front and back.  The drawer box and the upper divided shelf area are both rectangular cases - they have plywood ends.  These cases are then glued to the leg assembly.  The trim pieces, corbels, are glued to the legs and the top.  The legs are laminated from 3/4" stock, two full length pieces on the edge and 3 pieces in the middle leaving the mortise opening.  The glue lines are hidden by gluing 1/8" strips over the glue line edge of the legs.

I still have the magazine.  If you can't find a copy PM me and I'll send you a copy of the article.

Don
The best thing online is a fish.